Chapter Ten

Phoebe

As we pulled up to my new school my stomach started doing flips, which causes me to wrap my arms around my middle. There were a lot of people hanging around outside and I was about to climb out of a car with three guys that I'm sure were pretty high on the popularity chain.

"Are you ok princess?" Gage asks when he notices my body language.

"Yeah. Just nervous. I've never had to move schools. I don't know if I'll fit in here." I reply while peering out the window.

"Baby you will be just fine. You have Gage, Derick, and me here if you need something" Kade reassures me as the car comes to a stop and I realize it's time to get out.

"Okay" I say in a small voice as I slide out behind Gage. As soon as I step out I look up and admire how beautiful the school itself is. It has tall towers with ivy running up the sides of them. When I snap out of my trace I see that a girl has bounded up to us and wrapped her arms around Derick.

"Phoebe this is Ashlyn, my girlfriend. Ashlyn this is Phoebe, my new step-sister" Derick introduces us quickly.

"Hi! How are you? It's nice to met you. I know moving had to be a big change but I'm glad that  there is going to be someone else to help me keep these boys in line" Ashlyn says very quickly.

"Um yeah it was. But I think I'm adjusting to being in the house now, as for keeping these boys in line, I don't know if that is possible." I say as I turn to face her competelty.

"Princess, I'm hurt that you don't think you would be able to keep us in line." Gage says faking sadness.

"Gage, leave her alone." Ashlyn says as she moves closer to me.

"Come on I'll take you to the office to get your schedule." She continues as she grabs my hand and pulls me towards the door, dropping a kiss on Derick's cheek as we walk by him. I look back over my shoulder to see scowls on both the twins faces and a smile on Derick's.

We walk into the lobby of the school and take a right to get to the office. When we enter the office the secretary looks up and smiles at Ashlyn and I.

"You must be Phoebe. Welcome to Hopkins Prep. We hope you enjoy being here. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Here is your schedule, school map, and student id." She says handing me a small folder.

"Thank you." I say and smile at her while taking the packet. I open it and pull out my
schedule.

I have Physics first period, advanced English three second period, Graphic design third period, lunch, and then Principles of Business as my fourth period.

I got three of the classes I asked for when my mom made me fill out the paperwork before we moved but I had no idea what Principles of Business was. Oh well. I'll figure it out. I always did.

"Can I see your schedule?" Ashlyn asks.

"Sure" I reply handing it to her.

"Yay we have our first class and our third together! You can walk with me. Derick, Kade, and Gage are also in our first class. Gage and Kade are in Graphic Design with us. And if I'm not mistaken you have at least one of the twins in second and fourth period." Ashlyn says happily.

"Wait. I have at least one if not both twins in all of my classes?" I ask her.

"Yep. Don't worry they are really nice. They just look like jerks." She reassures me, not knowing what I have already done with them.

"Yeah. They won't bother me." I say as we head out of the office and down the hallway to my first class of the day. There was no way I was gonna be able to fully focus on my classes if I had the twins with me all day. This was going to be interesting.