Chapter Thirty- Eight

Phoebe

After putting on the shirt Kade has thrown at me we make our way back to Gage's room and climb into bed with him. As I cuddle back up to his warm body, Kade wraps himself around me. Sleep finds me quickly again and by the time I wake up again the sun has set. I reach over to grab my phone and see multiple notifications. My mom and Ashlyn have both texted me while I was knocked out. I unlock my phone and scroll through the messages.

Mom
I got a call that you missed your afternoon classes. When you get home we will talk.

Oh great. I totally forgot to text my mom and tell her I was leaving school. Actually I haven't told her that Alec has moved here at all. She doesn't know everything that went down while she was on her cruise and I didn't want to have to fill her in. I know that she would fell horrible for not being there when I was going through that and I didn't want her too. It wasn't in her control, but now it looks like I don't have a choice. I sigh and type out a short reply saying that I'm sorry for not telling her I was leaving and that there was a lot I needed to fill her in on before moving onto Ashlyn's message.

Ashlyn
I heard about Alec. He is a complete douche. I will make him miserable if you want. Just let me know. Girls gotta stick together.

Oh btw my mom wanted me to ask you if you could do the modeling gig for her this weekend. She wants the line to be promoted for the holiday season. Let me know. Love ya.

I laugh while reading her messages and it causes the boys to stir. I shoot a reply out to her quickly as they begin to wake up more.

It's all good. He isn't worth our time. Yeah I can do the shoot for your mom. Just let me know the time, place, and what I need to bring. Love you too.

Just as my finger hits the send key my phone is snatched from my hand by one twin and I'm pulled back down into the bed between them by the other. I let out another laugh as I land on the pillows.

"Someone is being a naughty girl by waking us up, especially after she wore us out." Gage teases as his lays his body down on top of mine.

"I wore you two out? Try the other way around pal." I scoff and poke his nose with my finger.

"Oh baby, you know you loved every second of it." Kade quips back.

"Of course I did. I always do, but sadly we need to get up and go over to my house. Well at least I do. I need to talk to my mom. The school called her."

"Okay princess lets get up and dressed if we must."

The three of us roll out of the bed. I pull my school skirt back on and throw my blazer on over Kade's tee shirt while picking up my uniform shirt and folding it over my arm. The boys slide into sweats and hoodies quickly and before I know it we are headed out their front door. As we walk into my house they make a break for the stairs and head for Derick's room while I go on the search for my mom. I find her in the kitchen sticking a casserole into the oven for dinner. When she turns and see me she automatically leans her head towards the bar stools and I sit.

"Spill it Phoebe. What's going on. You have never been one to skip school. And now you have done it twice within a month." My mom orders.

"Well you know all about the thing with Alison. But what I haven't told you is that Alec somehow managed to get accepted and transferred to Hopkins. I left school today because he said some pretty nasty things to me."

"Phoebe. I am sorry. What did he say? I know that things didn't end well for you two. You never actually told me what happened between you guys but I have a feeling I know. He was always a little to handsy with other girls in my opinion" She says with sympathy in her voice.

"He just said some mean things. I don't really wanna get into it again. He just makes me second guess myself. He makes me feel like I'll never be enough for someone and I don't know how to control that. I have always been comfortable with myself and I still am but he just causes doubt to creep in sometimes. I thought I had escaped it when we moved but he managed to follow me somehow." I sigh out.

"Sweetie you are more than enough. Surely you realize that with Kade and Gage. You have two boys who want your undivided attention. I can see how they look at you. They have been wrapped around your finger since they laid eyes on you at dinner our first night here."

"I know mom. They have told me over and over that I'm special. It's just hard to believe it sometimes. I'm working on it."

"Okay. Now I'm going to let this go without punishment; but this is the last time. If you leave without asking me first again I will not hesitate to ground you. No phone, no television, no computer, and especially no boys. Do you understand me?" My mom threatens.

"Yes I understand mom. Thank you." I reply.

"Good. Now go get all the boys and tell them to come set table while you help me finish cooking."

I head upstairs to get them as requested feeling like some stress has been lifted off my shoulders. It seems that sometimes all it takes is a little motherly reassurance to make you feel better.