Chapter Thirteen

Phoebe

"This is the boutique your mom owns?" I ask Ashlyn as we pull up outside one of the cutest shops I have ever seen.

"Yeah. My dad gave her the money to start it up a few years ago for Christmas and it's been growing ever since. She even designs some of the clothes she sells." Ashlyn answers. "Come on let's go inside. They closed early so we could shop by ourselves. Gotta love when you can shut a place down!"

"My babe finally decided to show her face today! And she brought someone with her!" A older version of Ashlyn calls as we walk through the front door.

"Yes mom, I told you I was running late and bringing my new friend. Mom this is Phoebe, Phoebe this is my mom Lena." She says with a sigh.

"This is Phoebe! Oh sweetie it's nice to meet you. I hope you like our little town. Ashlyn and Derick have said such nice things about you." Lena gushes as she moves closer to me.

"It's nice to meet you to ma'am. I am learning to like the small town thing." I reply.

"Please call me Lena pumpkin. Ma'am makes me feel old." She laughs out. "Now let's find you girls some dresses."

After browsing the shop for a couple of minutes Ashlyn has an armful of dresses and I haven't picked up a single one. Every dress I have touched doesn't go higher than a size 12. There was no way I was gonna fit into them.

"Phoebe, why don't you have any dresses in your arms?" Ashlyn asks.

"Um Ashlyn, none of these will fit. They are all gorgeous but I wouldn't be able to get them past my thighs." I reply sadly. I have always been a big girl. My father was a large man and I inherited his slow metabolism.

"My mom just got done designing an entire plus size line. She said it was going to display this week. Hold on. I'll be right back" Ashlyn says and she lays her stack of dresses down on a nearby display table and walks off calling her mother.

Five minutes later I hear wheels being pushed across the floor and turn to see four racks of dresses being pushed out from the back storage room.

"Pumpkin, I am so sorry the employees pushed these back into the storage room when they closed up today. I told them to leave them out for you to look through. I have been doing inventory of the line every night to see what has been selling." Lena says and she lines the carts up in front of me.

"If you tell me your pants size and your bra size I will be able to point you towards a dress that will let those curves shine" she adds on.

"Um I wear a size 20 pants and my bra size is a 44D." I reply.

She immediately starts digging through the racks and pulls out five dresses that are all stunning. She walks over to me and hands them over.

"Try these ones first and if you don't like them, we will try again." Lena says.

"Okay. Thank you" I say politely and blush.

Three dresses in I know I have found the one I want. The dress is a red burgundy color that hits right below my knees. The fabric is soft and molds to my body without bunching in weird places and there is glitter running along the tool in the bottom half of the dress. The straps are about an inch thick and the neckline plunges giving me amazing cleavage. My pale skin and dark hair stand out against the color.