Chapter Twenty-Two

Phoebe

As we pull into the garage my stomach starts to turn. My mom is probably going to flip. She might have gotten married on a whim but I don't know how she is gonna react to me dating two guys at once.

"Hey message me with how everything goes Phebs." Ashlyn says as she walks towards her car that is parked right outside.

"If I have my phone. I might be on lock down after this talk." I reply and turn towards the door that leads you inside. Before I can enter the twins stop me.

"We don't have to tell her. We can just act like you are only dating one of us. She can't tell us apart. She has even said so." Kade speaks.

"No. I don't want to lie to her and I'm not letting some other girl think that one of you is available. You are both taken. But let me do the talking with my mom." I say defensively .

"Okay princess." Gage replies and opens the door." Ladies first."

We walk into the house and start searching the rooms. Thomas and my mom are sitting in the living room watching tv when we find them. I walk over to the loveseat across from the couch they are on and sit down, the twins follow suit. As we sit, Thomas turns to look at us and our eyes meet. He looks at me and then cuts a look to the boys, nodding his head in the process.

"Honey, I think we have some kids that wanna talk to us." He says and reaches for the remote to turn the tv off as she turns to look at the three of us squished together.

"That can't be comfy. You guys can move to other furniture." She laughs out, not realizing we sat like we did on purpose.

"Um mom, Thomas is right. We wanted to talk to you." I mumble.

"About what Phoebe? Is something wrong? " she asks suddenly concerned.

"No, I'm okay. I just need to you listen to what I have to say without freaking out." I answer.

"Are you pregnant? I swear if that idiot ex of yours got you pregnant I'll kill him."

"Mom. Stop. I'm not pregnant. That is what birth control prevents, and I never had sex with him." I huff. "Please listen."

"Okay." She says and looks at me waiting.

"Um okay. So I know that you are probably not going to be happy but I need you to stay open minded." I start.

"There isn't really a way to ease into this so here goes nothing. I have kinda developed feelings for someone here already. Actually two someone's. I'm dating Kade and Gage." I finish. The boys each reach over and grab one of my hands for comfort.

She sits in silence and stares at the three of us for what feels like eternity. Thomas, me and the twins have all sat stark still waiting on her to process.

"Both of them. Both of them. Both of them." She starts repeating.

"Mom. Mom stop!" I speak loudly over her. "Please say something else."

"Why?" She asks.

"They make me happy. I like them both. They like me. We get along. They are smart. They are hot as hell." I list off.