~12~

I hadn't moved in the past hour, save from grabbing my fidget cube from the side pocket of my bag. I was flicking the switch side back and forth when the door finally opened.

"Anxiety, so glad to see you here. Sorry for it being so boring, but you know I've never been the best at conjuring things. Plus, who knows? You might actually enjoy getting to decide what your room looks like."

He was right in that aspect, although I didn't say that out loud. I just shifted, moving my elbows onto my knees as I looked over at him. "What's up?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Not much is different. It's just like moving normally. Your life is still yours, you just come home to a different place." I wasn't sure what to say to that. After all, I somehow hadn't considered what would happen if I moved. This was impluslive, plain and simple. It was only now that the anxiety was hitting over what the aftermath might cause.

"Well anyway" Deciet said, after a full minute of me not talking. "Remy brought a couple burgers for us all, so I reccomend you get your stuff put away and come out." He turned to leave, halting with his hand on the door. He didn't say anything more though, soon just stepping out.

I fell back on the bed when he left, considering the option he had given me. It's not like I'm leaving tomorrow. Putting my stuff away will just make it easier. Is doesn't mean I have to stay here forever.

I went ahead and took all the non-clothes items out. I didn't have the energy to hang anything up, and drawers were more my thing anyway. Planning on creating a vanity when I got back, I went ahead and exited.

Remy was over in the living room, messing with a fold-up table behind the couch. Seeing as Deciet was nowhere in sight, I decided to give him a hand.

I walked over as the second leg was locked into place. We flipped the table over together, then turned our attention to the 4 chairs. Neither of us said anything, Remy just grabbing the food as I set up the final chair.

We sat down, Deceit's door in the hall opening then. He sat just as his burger was placed in front of him. I unwrapped my own, giving Remy a small nod as he passed my box of fries. The burger was just how I liked it, which surprised me. Remy remembered how plain I had it, the only toppings being lettace and onions. I smiled, biting in.

5 minutes past, no one having said a word at that point. It was then that I realized why it was so quiet.

"Where is Remus at?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"You know him. He'll show up even later tonight, grab his burger, and snake away into his room." Deceit glared due to the word choice, but that just caused Remy to chuckle.

"Come on, you know he doesn't go anywhere but his room and to annoy Thomas. Either that, or he's out of the mind."

"That may be true, but don't call him a snake. That's my thing. His is, well, insanity." Deceit said.

"In the most basic terms, yeah." I chimed in.

"Yeah, well, as long as he doesn't drive Thomas insane, he can be whatever he wants." Remy replied.

I chuckled to myself, realizing how long it had been since the 3 of us had an actual conversation. Deceit finsished soon, heading back to his room right after. Remy was next, although he hoped over the couch and grabbed the remote. Parks and rec was soon playing, drawing me over when I finished eating. The cold open of an episode played, and as the intro music started, Remy turned to me. "So how long are you planning on staying?"

"Um, indefinitely." I said, trying not to freak out too much over such a simple question.

"Cool. Cause Deagan spends all his time in his room now, and its been too quiet around here."

"I'm not too sure how much I'll help with that, but okay."

"Hey" he paused the TV now, seeing as the opener was about to end. "Why did you come over here?"

I froze, unsure of how to really answer that. It was either a brutally honest truth I didn't even know yet, or a lie. Neither option was really that great.

"I... I don't know" I said finally, trying to formulate what I was thinking.  "You know I've always had these thoughts, but I've usually ignored them. And I don't know why, but now... I've decided to listen."

"What happened?" I turned to him, unsure as to what he meant. "Deceit didn't just randomly offer you the chance to rejoin us, I know that. So what happened?"

"Arguement with Princey." I replied, pulling my legs up and hugging them. It still left me uneasy. "Then he left me a note saying he wanted to apologize, only to never show. It basically confirmed they all hate me."

"Not necessarily. I mean, what about Patton?"

"He's too good a pretender for me to actually know what he's thinking. He could very well hate me, and just act like he doesn't so I don't drive Thomas over the edge."

"That doesn't sound like him. That sounds like your own anxiety again."

"Doesn't matter, the truth is still there. When it comes down to it, I'm a dark side."

He turned to me, a small smile appearing as he spoke. "You realize we're not actually bad, right? 'Dark sides' is a nickname Princey over there made up when he got mad at Remus, remember? None of us are dark or light sides. In the end we're all just here for Thomas."
"Thanks Remy." I said, standing up after a moment. "I actually feel tired for once, I think I'm gonna try and get some sleep."

"Alright, later."

I started to walk, the door to the left of Remy's catching my eye. "Say, does Remus know I'm back?"

"Well, it's 3 am, and he's probably passed out somewhat petting a rat or something. I think you're good."

"Hm, alright." With that I went into my room, taking a look at the space. I actually felt okay. Talking with Remy had solved a lot of my issues with coming here. Plus, the other sides probably weren't even aware of my absence yet. It was late when I left, and I'm the only one who was ever up at 3.

What are they gonna say in the morning? I tried to ignore the thought, pushing it to the side, attempting to regain the content feeling I had a second ago. I made my way over to the window, looking at the stars.

"That one is Remy"

"Oh, and there's you,  Deagan"

"Each our own star."

A moment of silence.

"Which one is Patton?"

"None. Those jerks don't get to have stars."

He then stood up, leaving back toward the house. Virgil felt bad, guilt and sorrow clear on his face. Suddenly, Remy was right next to him,  pointing towards a particularly bright star.

"I'd say that one's Patton, wouldn't you? "

Virgil turned to him, both boys sharing a smile before they looked back at the sky.

~~~

That had been so many years ago, but it reminded me why I was here in the first place. The others would make it through. Right now, I had all I needed. I laid back on the bed, letting the memory of that summer night lull me to sleep.