~20~

My eyes slowly opened a day later, around 8. The sun had finally gotten too bright for me, so I rolled out of bed.

I didn't bother changing my clothes, just throwing my jacket on before heading over to my makeup. After 3 songs on the Panic! playlist, I headed out to grab some breakfast.

Remy was already there, emerging back from the portrait hole with his morning Starbucks.

"Hey" I said, heading over to the fridge and grabbing an orange.

"Sup?" He said, flicking his sunglasses up to the top of his head.

"Just still dealing with my messed up dilemma. Can't think of a distraction for now."

"Well, we could play a card game." He said, stepping into the living room. "If we play BS, you'll have an excuse to cuss."

I thought for a moment as I peeled the orange. "That... sounds like a pretty good option." I walked over to the table in the living room after throwing away the peel.

He ran to grave a deck of cards, and came back, dealing them out. I smiled as I started to fin through my hand. This would be a fun game.

~Time Skip~

We had been playing for a while, many cuss words shouted and several laughs had when a sound came from over near the portrait. I grunted, wondering which of the two it would be. Strange thing was I hadn't realized either of them had left.

"You wanna stop before they enter?" Remy asked.

"Yeah"

He nodded, grabbing all the cards and starting to put them back in the box. I was focused on the painting, however.

Whichever one of them was on the other side was struggling to move it. It almost seemed like they were trying to move it side to side instead of up.

"Which one is it?" Remy turned to face the painting, both of us now watching the struggle. Finally, it sat still for a second before making it's way up the track slowly.

To my shock, several people stepped out of the hall, looking both confused and determined. They looked around, the one in front's eyes locking on me.

"Virgil?"