5. The Line

It was an hour since America left. He walked away without a word, Russia felt kinda guilty. But that didn't matter; what did was making his call.

"Bel, could you go to the other room please?" Russia asked, she nodded and skipped downstairs. Russia hastily spun around, picking up the phone that was on a small table beside the wall. He dialed in a few numbers, raising the phone to his head.

"Why?" Russia immediately asked to the person on the other line.

"There's no other way. You know we need it from America's family, and what better way than to kidnap him?" The person laughed. Russia shook, he didn't want to do this, but if he did, his own life was on the line.

"But why him?" Russia trembled, the person hesitated.

"Isn't it obvious? You have a deep connection with him, we need to use that," They explained. "So what are you going to do after this?"

"I said for him to not meet up with Estonia.. knowing America, he will anyway. She's got a team," Russia explained. "And I told him I trusted Esti."

"Good. Now, what about your other family?" The person asked, Russia sighed.

"Clueless."

"What, Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan-"

"Please don't talk about him," Russia squeaked, shrinking down.

"Oh? Why not?" They asked out of curiousity.

"You know he's a pacifist.. he's been saying that if I try doing anything, he'll make it right. And I don't need to think about now. We.. we want to cause trouble, right?" Russia trailed off, the person on the other side chuckled.

"I want to cause trouble. It doesn't seem you're to happy about what we're doing," They moped, Russia growled a bit.

"I'm in this just as much as you are. I just.. don't want to involve America. He.. knows people. I remember that clearly."

America's friends with people we are not.

"Who might they be?" They asked, Russia shrugged.

"I.. don't know. I'm pretty sure Germany said Syria before I left..? Not too sure," Russia stated, the person grunted, displeased.

"That's trouble," They muttered, staying silent for a second. "I'll work it out. Carry on, Ruski. You'll get your side of the deal; life. Life, what a wonderful thing.. anyhow. Call me tomorrow," they hung up. Russia sighed, closing his eyes. He threw his head back, turning around...

Belarus stood there with tears in her eyes.

Russia was taken aback, she'd overheard the whole call.

He was going to be in so much trouble.

"Brother.. w-who was that?" She quivered, Russia stepped forward and Belarus stepped back.

"Bel, I can explain-"

"No! Who was it? What do you want with America?" She cried, sobbing. It broke Russia to see the six-year-old like this, but he couldn't ignore her.

"Sorry, Bel, if you just come over here, join me, I can tell you-"

"No! Everything you've told me was a lie, wasn't it? The bad people? How we couldn't trust anyone? I lost friends! I had to sit here and do nothing all day! I.. I hate you!" She spun around and took off, Russia immediately ran after her. Bel easily outran him, Russia was never too quick.

He burst out of the boxing club, looking left and right; except he couldn't see Belarus. She must've taken a turn somewhere, he just didn't know where.

He clenched his fists together, resting them on his head. His teeth grinding, he mentally beat himself up, he'd just lost his family..

And possibly his life.

He breathed out, calming himself down. His eyebrows furrowed, he stretched and began to jog across the street. He needed to find her.

*

Belarus took a sharp turn into an alleyway, hearing her brother rage. He was scary when he was angry.

She saw him run past, breaking cover and running the opposite way. Luckily.. she knew her way.

She ran on the edge of the shoreline, seeing a small house in the distance. That.. trap. Once she'd arrived at the door, she knocked it repeatedly.

"Russia, piss off-"

"It's me! Belarus! Please!" Belarus interrupted America, screaming with huge tears in her eyes. America hesitantly opened the door, Bel charged to him and hugged him tightly.

"Bel..? What's the matter?" America asked with a soft voice, closing the door and holding her hand as he lead her to the sofa. He sobbed some more, before raising her head to speak.

"B-big brother is a b-baddie! He's trying t-to f-find you and.." Bel couldn't finish, she sagged onto America.

"You heard all of this?" America asked, Belarus nodded. He was infuriated; Russia said something. Something she wasn't meant to hear. Something America wasn't meant to hear. Something.. bad.

He thought about what Belarus said over and over again; he came to one conclusion.

Russia only wanted America over here because he needed to.. kidnap him for something. America was upset himself; was this Russia's intent the when time? Did Russia only want America over there to use him? America shook his head, grinning.

Russia had made Belarus upset. He'd tricked America in to thinking he cared for him. Finally, America knew that Russia was after his family.

And that wasn't ok. There wasn't any coming back from this.

America scooped Belarus up, taking her to his and Kiwi's room. Kiwi looked up at him, her eyes widening.

"Who's this? What's the matter?" She asked, dropping America's phone onto the bed, letting Belarus shuffle beside her.

"Belarus, will you be ok here? With Kiwi?" America asked, picking his phone up. She nodded, tears still streaming down her face. America smiled, dropping the from once he'd left the room.

He opened an app on his phone, dialing a few numbers. He needed to do this. Russia crossed the line. A line that wasn't supposed to be crossed.
He held the phone to his head, hearing someone pick up.

"Yeah? I thought you were on your trip-"

"I have a.. situation. One that includes beating a few people up." America could technically hear the grin from the other end.

"Where are you?"

-

Sorry I've been inactive, just moved to the UK... or, in the Bangkok airport, anyway. Thanks for the support, too. I really appreciate it.

So, because of being inactive, get ready for 4 chapters being released at once!

Also, I haven't lost motivation just yet because...

Shit's about to go down...