15. Prisoners

"Who's there?" Russia asked, the mystery person coughed.

"I.." He coughed again. "Switzerland. Please, I was taken captive after I made a medicine to-"

"We don't need to hear your backstory," Russia said, feeling around the walls for a cage. "Once I open this, you run. As fast as you can. Do not come back."

Russia found the door and broke the lock, Switzerland weakly stood up and scampered away.

"Thank you, bless you," He said, his flag now kind of visible in the dim light. "I'll do anything to repay you!"

"It's fine, do what you want," Nazi growled, wanting to get rid of Switzerland as soon as possible. "Oh, and who's side were you on in the war?"

A small squeak was heard from Switzerland as he ran off. Nazi giggled, finding it amusing. He turned around, flicking his gaze to everyone in the group; he'd almost say they were dangerous. Almost.

"Russia, lead the way," Syria threw his hands up beside his head. "I mean, you know your way around?"

"Yeah, I do, but I have one question;" Russia wondered. "When we find all of the younger ones, those people, who's gonna walk back with them?"

"I will," Britain volunteered. "I mean, I'm not sure they'll go for me because of the whole Brexit thing, but.. you all keep them distracted." Britain turned and looked up to Russia. "You especially. Get America's attention, you'll get everyone's attention."

"So I'm bait then?" Russia asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah..? America thinks you care for him, you can bring him back to us in the process," Britain said, looking ahead. "Now, let's go, shall we?"

Russia nodded, speechless. Britain.. he didn't hate him, but what he just said pissed Russia off. ..America thinks you care for him.. Russia growled to himself, fortunately, nobody really noticed.

Russia took a step forward, the group's footsteps echoing through the halls. A lit up sign was in the wall, arrows heading in different directions, written in Russian.

"This way," Russia muttered, turning right. They slowed down after a few minutes, Russia looked to an iron door. He used all his power to push the door open, looking around. He turned to Syria, who conveniently had a lighter in his pocket. He flicked the lighter on, the tiny flame illuminated the room.

Britain rushed to the other side of the cell, kneeling down to Kiwi. She weakly looked up to him, tears in her eyes. It looked as if she'd been starved. He placed his hands on her cheeks, he motioned for Russia to help him get her out of there. Russia nodded silently, when he sat beside her, she seemed to shuffle back a bit. Kiwi was scared of Russia.

"It's okay," Russia reassured her. "We're getting you out of here."

"Daddy..? Where's mummy?" She asked. "Belly promised me that mummy would be here too."

A weight fell onto Britain's heart, he hugged Kiwi. Trying not to cry himself, he explained.

"Mummy's.. she's gone," Britain whispered. "America killed her."

Kiwi began to wail, clutching onto Britain. Russia loved away slightly, looking for Belarus. She sat beside Kiwi, he slowly shuffled beside her. Belarus seemed to tense up when he sat in front of her, he looked down. This.. wasn't good.

"Bel, let me help," Russia smiled, she seemed to soften. He looked to Syria who had some kind of industrial chain cutter, handing it to Russia. Jesus, this guy had everything..

Russia lined it up with the chains, the chain link shattered, allowing Belarus to move her arms. She looked down to her ankles, which had chains connecting them, halfway between them they connected to the wall. Russia nodded, using the chain cutter twice more. Bel stood up, using Russia as support. He sighed, scooping her off of her feet.

He looked back to Kiwi and Britain, they hadn't moved. Russia sighed, looking to Syria and passing him the chain cutter. Syria grinned, casually walking to the other prisoners. The first, he recognised as Turkey. His old friend.

"Long time no see," Turkey muttered, Syria didn't reply. He freed Turkey, moving to the next person. Spain sat right beside him, smirking jokingly.

"Look who dropped in," Spain huffed. "¿Qué tal?"

"I'm fine," Syria growled quietly. "Now shut it before someone realises we're here."

Syria stood up as Spain and Turkey stood up and stretched, talking quietly among themselves. Two others caught Syria's eye, they sat far apart, they seemingly hated eachother.

Syria huffed, sitting beside one of them. One had a star eyepatch, which was mainly white, and a flag consisting of blue, red and white. He swore he'd seen this guy before.

He used his same technique he did with the others, freeing him. They didn't move, they kept glaring at the other. Syria looked over, helping the one who still sat in chains. He undid them, the two walked to eachother and started throwing insults at eachother.

"You fucking idiot, you got us captured!"

"Only because you wanted to do this!"

"No, Japan suggested we help!"

"Please, calm down," Syria said, trying to act sane. "Now, what are your names."

"North Korea."

"South Korea."

There was a pause.

"It was his fault!" They said in the exact same time, Syria facepalmed. He didn't want to deal with these two. His gaze flicked to Nazi and Germany.

Nazi seemed to be inspecting Germany's blood red eyes, fascinated.

"..So, this has happened before?" Nazi asked him. Germany hissed and slapped his father's hands away from him.

"Yes, it has. This isn't the first time someone tried murdering me," Germany hinted, Nazi sighed. "You remember, don't you?"

"Yes, I do. Please, let's move on," Nazi muttered, starting a new conversation. Syria lost interest and looked back to Kiwi, Britain had moved away a bit. Syria plopped down beside her and unchained her, she stood up and hugged him.

Syria's eyes widened, he'd never been hugged before. He already liked this kid. She was.. nice. He sat there in shock for a few second before hugging back, he promised to himself that whoever tried hurting her, he'd murder.

She pulled away, looking at Russia with teary eyes. Belarus toughest at his shirt to be let down, Russia did so. Belarus and Kiwi began to comfort eachother, Syria sighed. He thought it'd be nice to have family one day. Except he thought that idea was blunter than his sanity.

He looked over to Britain, whispering something to him.

"That's the first time I've been hugged," He said. Britain looked even sadder.

"France was the first one to hug me," He said in response. Syria felt guilty about him saying anything, he shook his head and marched to the door. He looked out, seeing a bloody mess outside. Pieces of a Blanks' body. All seperate. Fingers.. a stray arm.. even an eye rolling about on the floor. It rolled until it hit Syria's shoe, he felt sick. He knew who did this.

"I've changed my mind."

---

Alright, so an announcement;

I've made that channel dedicated to the Sanctuary AU, it's already got a video on it. If you'd like to see more animation memes and speed drawings of the Sanctuary AU, then why not go and check the channel out?

Here's the video (it's a WIP, so don't expect much from it):

Enjoy!

°•Crazed•°