18. Medical - Part 2

Switzerland approached the corpse with a pill in hand, with a blank expression across his face. He opened the corpse's jaw, their lips torn from hungry rats. Denmark shivered at the sight. That wasn't pretty.

Switzerland carefully opened their mouth, dropping the pill in. He closed their mouth again, waiting with anticipation. Everything was silent.

"Switzerland, I don't think it-"

Suddenly, the person seemed to regenerate, their body inflated a bit, all of their torn flesh growing back. Norway eyes widened, he wouldn't ever see anything like this again.

Switzerland smirked, cheering to himself, and looking back at the body. They seemed a lot more.. vibrant. Their chest began to move up and down slowly, before they suddenly leaped up and clutched the area of chest above their heart. They screamed, their eyes wide.

"Yes, it may hurt for a short while," Switzerland sighed, looking at them. "But, you've been dead for 37 hours, so this is a huge achievement in science and medicine!"

The person blinked, nodding slowly. They looked shaken.

"I.. I need to go!" They croaked after a minute's hesitation, rolling over to get off the bed. They fell to the floor, letting out a small yelp, and scrambling to get up. They held the edge of the bed to keep them balanced, soon after letting go of the frame.

"Before you go," Switzerland pointed his finger upwards, catching their attention. "It's advised you have a glass of water and something to eat.."

The other person stopped in their tracks. They nodded shortly after, they walked back to everyone else.

"Please," They begged. "I need to go."

China nodded in understanding, but Switzerland didn't like it. He wanted them to stay for awhile longer.

"I don't think you-"

"Go ahead," China interrupted Switzerland, Switzerland turned to his coworker with a death stare.  "I'm sure it's something important."

The other quickly shook their head and cautiously exited the room. After that, they broke into a sprint, trying to remember where they were and who they were running to. They just felt an urge to go, and they did so.

Norway looked to Denmark, and Denmark returned the gaze, they bother looked at China and Switzerland. Switzerland huffed, and waved his hand.

"Fine," He sighed. "You two go as well. Remember, if you see any dead people, give us a call."

Switzerland handed Norway a small card with a phone number spread in the middle of it, Norway nodded in appreciation.

"I'll be sure to see you again," Norway smiled, Switzerland shook his hand in response. Norway and Denmark turned around and left, back onto the driveway, walking back to the others.

*

The sun was setting when they found they were lost. They slumped onto a tree, tempted to cry, before looking around. Nobody there, but them.

They looked down, they'd take this time to remember over trying to find someone they didn't know.

Think.. think...

They finally got it. She finally got it. Her name.. her name! She remembered her name! She punched the air, it felt like an achievement.

France.

France looked down to her hands, trying to remember who she was searching for, or what happened before she.. died.

She knew she had.. four? Yeah.. four sons.. one of them adopted.. and a daughter. She focused on her daughter. Her age. She was young. Uhh.. six years old? She wasn't sure, but she sold herself on the guess.

Then she remembered her name; New Zealand.

Who was the second youngest..? It was.. him. She couldn't remember his name, but he had a kan.. kangar.. kangaroo toy? She got it for him for his birthday.. yeah..

He was.. she couldn't remember his age, but she could remember his name; Australia.

Her adopted son.. she could remember him. England. She remembered everything about him. Her memory about him hadn't changed a bit.

Her eldest, he was.. twenty two? She was sure about it. And he was going to be a father soon, right? That sounded about right.. he was.. his name was Canda? Can.. Canada. Yeah.

And then.. her last son...

She didn't remember him. She only knew he was there. He didn't know who he was, what he looked like, or anything.. not even his name.

She felt guilty about it, but she was sure he was a good person. She'd see him again. Hopefully.

As she was getting up, something flicked into her head. She had a husband. A.. loving one. He was always there for her. He put everything aside for her. He was.. she couldn't remember his name, either.

She knew what he looked like, so that was a place to start, at least.

She began to walk back the way she came, slightly annoyed with herself. She couldn't remember the simplest things. She couldn't even remember her own son, for god's sake.

Eventually, she heard silent talking from her side, she could ask these people where she was. Just a pointer would be helpful.

"Uh.. excuse me?" France called, the group coming into sight. She recognised the two who were at the lab before she left with another two people, one who she recognised was New Zealand. Kiwi was being held by someone else.. he was taller than France, and he was strangely familiar.

"Who.." The man looked at her with a disgusted face. He set Kiwi down. "Who do you think you are, trying to act as my wife?"

He seemed upset. France just stood there in shock, he was her husband.. and she didn't even know it.

"I.. I'm France?" She tried, he growled and stomped over to her, shoving a finger in her face.

"Whatever kind of illusion this is," He trembled, tears in his eyes. "Stop."

"I'm sorry.. but..." France paused. "I.. came back from a lab, and they brought me back to life or something, which I don't really believe... I can't really remember mach of my family.. but I remember England? Canada, New Zealand and Australia.."

"What's my name?" He asked, and France shrugged. He look even more upset than before. "..Britain. I'm Britain."

France grinned slightly, she did find that name quite familiar.

After a minute, Britain tilted his head.

"I may not believe that you're France still, but.." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Who did you say you remembered?"

"Oh!" She looked up, thinking. "I remember you, but not really your name, I remember New Zealand, Australia, Canada and England."

Britain's expression turned dark.

"So you don't remember America?"

--

Please don't hunt me down with pitchforks because I'm not telling you that I live near Aylesbury and Milton Keynes in Chilton, England..

I'm not telling you that
nOw don't murder me pleaaseeee?

°•Crazed•°