three / hell in a house

And so it continued until the third month

And so it continued until the third month. Cameron did what he did best. There was nothing different about their relationship, except she was pregnant. He kept her secret, as promised. And for that, she silently thanked him. Hiding it got a little difficult, especially in some of her tighter t-shirts.

She caught several of Cameron's friends scrutinizing her when they thought she wasn't paying them any attention. It wasn't blatantly obvious, but if she stood at the right angle and in the right light, they could guess. No one asked her directly though. But she was sure that they talked. It was like she'd gone to bed with a flat stomach one night and awoken with a tiny mound in its place. Thankfully, because it was November, she could lie around in sweatshirts and hoodies without attracting too much attention.

With her sketchbook, she sat in the lounge, bare feet propped up on one of the faded ottomans. The frats had finally been granted heat a few weeks back, making her stay more desirable. She no longer had to sleep in winter gear in order to be comfortable. How Cameron was comfortable on the floor she didn't know. But he didn't complain. The nights when he was alone, he bundled up and snored quietly amongst his accumulated junk.

"Oh, look."

Kith didn't have to look up to know who was now in the room. The malice in the voice wasn't understated, as it usually was when other people were around. She looked up, realizing that Heather had brought two of her friends.

For some strange reason, they were all wearing the same knit sweater in different colors: magenta, gray, and periwinkle. Heather took it upon herself to wear the boldest colors, skinny jeans, and boots. They were a little shy of looking like triplets. Heather's brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail, letting part of her curly bangs flop lightly against her face. One of her friends had blonde hair in a pixie cut and green eyes that looked exactly like emeralds. She had the largest pair of boobs of the three, which made her gray sweater the tightest. Her nose was a little large for her face, but she didn't seem to mind. The nose piercing made it look like she wanted people to stare at it.

The third one, the one manning Heather's left, was a wavy-haired brunette who looked as if she'd just stepped off a Calvin Klein billboard. Even without huge boobs and a nose piercing, she was still stunning. With her prettiness came a bitchy attitude. Kith could tell just by running her eyes and up down the thin length of her. Donning the periwinkle sweater, flare jeans, and plain sneakers, she stared back at Kith with a small smirk toying with her pink, plumped up lips.

"Kith, right?" Heather asked while sitting down uninvited on the couch. The other two grabbed chairs and pulled them up, aggressively staring her down for no reason. "You're not even old enough to be here. Why don't you go home?"

Ignoring them, Kith flipped to a clean page, not ready for anyone to see her drawings. She figured that if she ignored Heather long enough, she'd get bored and move on to something else. The attention spans of bullies were fairly short. Reacting only fueled their fire. She was minding her own business anyways. She'd kept to herself since moving in. If Heather had actually given her a chance, or acted her age, she might've discovered that Kith wasn't worth her effort.