eight / rage

Cameron felt outside of himself

Cameron felt outside of himself.  He didn't feel a human.  He felt like a monster, an enraged monster.  The only thought in his head was about his brother raping his friend.  Austin raped Kith.  That was why she was pregnant. 

He'd had his doubts about the military guy thing from the beginning, but be figured that it was her business.  Kith, for the few times he'd ever spoken to her before she moved in, had never seemed like the kind of girl who would date an army guy. 

She was four months pregnant with his fucking younger brother's baby.  And Austin was walking around like nothing had even happened.  Thinking about it, that was probably why she wasn't that excited to go to his house for Thanksgiving either. 

  At first he hadn't wanted to believe her.  He wanted to defend his brother because he knew him.  Or at least he thought he had.  Their mom had always told them to be good to girls.  They were supposed to be treated with respect, and ask for fucking consent. 

Cameron was lacking in he respect category, but he wasn't going around raping people.  He wanted to call her a liar, say she was thinking of some other guy, anything to defend his brother.  But she was crying.  And she would never lie about something so serious.  She'd never given him a reason to doubt her honesty.  So here they were, back on the property.

The thought replayed itself over and over in his head.  He raped her, he raped her, he raped her.  There was nothing else.

Tugging his keys out of his pocket, he unlocked the front door, shoving it inward so violently that the doorknob slammed into the wall.  Stalking down the hallway, he poked his head into the living room.  Austin was in there with two of his friends, playing some shooting game.  He turned around at the noise.

"Hey, Cameron," he greeted him so nonchalantly that Cameron had no other option but to get more pissed off.

The world went black momentarily and then became appallingly clear.  Stalking over, Cameron latched onto Austin's shoulders, effortlessly hoisting him off the couch and into the air.

"What are you doing?!" He shouted, caught off guard.  His friends stared, but didn't move from their dual state of shock.  They stared at Cameron as if he was on steroids.  Clapping his hands over his, Austin tried to get out of the hold, but Cameron's grip was too much.

Cameron slammed Austin against the wall.

"Get off me!"

"I know what you did," Cameron spoke through clenched teeth, dodging Austin's attempt to push his face back a few inches.  Repositioning his hands, he tugged him forward and then slammed him into the wall again, harder.  Pictures rattled in his wake.  The only thing he knew was that he wanted to hurt Austin, badly. "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!"

From the corner of his eye, he saw Kith standing there, watching the pair.  She was still crying.  Austin made her cry.  He got her pregnant and he made her cry.  Kith was his friend.