fifteen / awkward

Returning to the house, she and Cameron headed up to his room

Returning to the house, she and Cameron headed up to his room. It was late and they both knew she was tired, so he wasn't going to force her to spend any more time with his friends. Unbuttoning his shirt, he tossed it over the back of his chair and stretched for a bit. Flexing his arms, he turned around to catch her staring at him. She wasn't scoping him out though, not like girls did when he stripped down.

"What?"

"Why'd you tell that story at dinner tonight?"

"What story?"

"The pregnant story," she clarified.

"Oh," he remembered. Shrugging, he didn't even bother coming up with an excuse. "That's how it happened it my head." Digging through his drawer, he snatched out a pair of pajama pants. "And it's a good story. We can tell it to the kid once he's older."

Awkwardly holding his pants, he watched her watch him. She'd had very little to say at the table. "Well, I'm going to go put these on," he pointed towards the door. Usually he was fine with changing in front of her, but this time was different. He couldn't read her silent stares. Briefly glancing at the floor, he wondered if she was mad at him for telling the story. He liked it, and so did Ty. Lucy had practically fallen in love with it. He wouldn't be surprised if he found out that she wanted Ty to do the same thing for her. Maybe she just needs some space, he considered. He had kind of forced her to go. But he'd caught her smiling at some points throughout dinner. She couldn't have hated it that much.

When he was halfway out the door, her voice stopped him.

"Help me with this cardigan."

Twisting the strings around his finger, he considered pretending like he hadn't heard her. Instead, he turned around, tossed the pants onto his desk and walked over to her. She turned around, and he pulled it down her shoulders like a suave guy he'd seen in a black and white movie. The tips of his fingers accidentally grazed her arms on the way down. Swallowing, he took a step back and handed her the cardigan. Swiping fingers through his hair, he cleared his throat nervously and fired a small smile in her direction. Kith just stood there, holding the cardigan in her arms. With it off, he couldn't help but notice the boobs Lucy had been kind enough to mention earlier in the evening.

He wanted to kiss her so badly, but he resisted. It was taking everything he had, but he was resisting. Because he wanted to do more than that. He wanted to touch her; he wanted to have her. But he couldn't do that. Kith was different than any girl he'd ever been with, and he was supposed to be her support system. He wasn't supposed to want to do that with her. He'd been telling himself that the entire time. But she was so pretty and so nice and so smart and so... everything. She was everything, and he liked her because of that.

As if reading his mind, she kissed him. Sinking into the softness of her mouth, he kissed her back momentarily. Wrapping his arms around her, he attempted to pull her closer and then remembered why he couldn't.