eighteen / baby shower

Cameron knew as soon as his eyes opened and his mind cleared that he'd fucked up

Cameron knew as soon as his eyes opened and his mind cleared that he'd fucked up.  He wasn't in his room, which meant he wasn't in his house, which meant he'd never gone to see Kith.  He was in someone else's bed, Heather's bed, to be more specific.  He'd slept with Heather. "Fuck," bringing his fist to his mouth, he screamed soundlessly and brought both hands up to rub his aching, red eyes.  It wasn't supposed to happen.  He hadn't meant it.  What the hell was he supposed to tell Kith?  There was no way she didn't notice his nightlong absence.

    Heather had sounded so nice, so sincere last night.  Or maybe that was just how it sounded through drunken ears.  Thinking back, he tried recalling any of what was said.  Bits and pieces about not being appreciated floated to the surface of his memory.  Heather agreed with him, on pretty much everything.  She'd built him up.  Lying there, Cameron knew she hadn't been sincere at all.  She'd been in a manipulative mood and used him to somehow get back at Kith.  This was horrible.  Maybe I don't have to say anything, he considered briefly.

    No.  That was wrong; that was basically like lying to her.  Hopefully none of the guys had seen him leave with Heather.  If any of them had, hopefully they'd been smart enough not to tell Kith.  If he was actually going to be honest, he wanted her to hear it from him, not Nate or Graham or anyone else. "Dammit!" Punching a pillow, he rolled onto his side, quickly searching the floor for his clothes.  They were in a nice pile on the floor.  Throwing her sheets back, he slipped into his boxers and started zipping up his pants.  He felt horrible, like someone had punched him in the stomach and then run away laughing.  This was his fault, all his fault.

    He should've just stayed home.  Kith's fury was nothing compared to what it would be if she found out he'd gotten with Heather.  It wasn't supposed to happen.  Everything Heather said last night sounded so good; she'd comforted him, exactly like she wanted.  And he'd been drunk and thinking about the absence of sex in his life for the last few months.  Those factors combined and caused him to get naked with her.  Closing his eyes, Cameron pressed his brain for any other recollections from the previous night.  That was probably another thing that explained his current situation.  He wanted to be with one girl, but ended up sleeping with another.

    Seizing his shirt, he slipped it over his head.

    "Look who's up," Heather entered the room and set a cup of coffee on her white desk.  Pulling her chair out, she sat down, crossed her legs, and stared at him innocently.

    "This is bullshit and you know it," he said simply, tugging at the hem of his shirt.  Patting his pockets, he checked to make sure he had his keys.  This was already embarrassing.  He didn't want to have to come back because he'd forgotten something.

    "What are you talking about?" she asked stupidly, stirring her steaming drink with a pink spoon.

    "You-Heather!" turning around, he just stared at her. "You tricked me into sleeping with you just to piss Kith off."