Chapter sixteen: Understanding

Tony's POV

I arrive at the tower at around four-twenty. I then head straight to the lab, assuming that's where Peter is. Once I get there I don't see him.

"Mr. Stark, I am supposed to inform you that the Steve and the rest of his crew have arrived today, including Clint." Friday says as I start to panic.

"I know that, I watched the cam feed of when they arrived. But, none of them have interacted with Peter have they?" I ask frantically.

"Yes sir, Steve has bumped into him once in the elevator, from what I believe was an accident. Though no words were spoken. Then Clint and Steve watched Natasha and Peter train, without them knowing until the end of their training. Then Wanda saw him in the library earlier and is currently talking to Peter in the library." Friday says. Okay, okay, okay. This is fine. As long as Peter didn't talk to any of the adults on team Cap I guess I'm fine. I mean, I don't think I mind him talking to Wanda.

"Friday pull up the camera on Peter and Wanda, audio on."

"Really? That surprises me, she told us not to talk to you." Wanda says.

"She told you not to? And you guys still did? I mean only you and Steve has tried to so far. Though I get why, I don't think Tony would like that very much." Peter says as Wanda looks wary.

"Yeah, sorry about that again. We were all just so curious as to what you were like, from what it sounds like Tony really cares about you. So we all wanted to know about the kid that could break his way into Tony's heart." Wanda says.

"Tony cares about me? You really think he cares about me that much?" Peter asks, does he really not think that I would do ANY thing for him? Does he not know how much I care about him?

"Of course he does. I've only known you for what? Five minutes? And I can already see why he does. You took time out of your day to come and talk to me even though Tony told you not to. And for that I am very grateful for you giving me a chance." Wanda says as Peter slightly blushes.

"Really, it's nothing. And I felt bad about the way I acted earlier." Peter says back.

"Please, don't feel bad. I would've reacted the same way." She says back.

"Alright, lets move past that. Why do you want talk about?" Peter asks as they sit on the bench.

"Well I would like to know more about you." Wanda says to Peter.

"So do I about you, but out of respect for Tony," Peter starts, maybe this kid does respect my word a little bit. "I will try not to say too much. But since you already know my name by accident I'll start with something else. Well, I like to read." Peter says as Wanda laughs.

"Well I figured that out. And I like reading too. What's your favorite book?" Wanda asks.

"I love the Harry Potter series." Peter says as Wanda gasps.

"Me too! I love Harry Potter. What house are you?" Wanda asks.

Alright, I think it's time to intervene. Let's give the kids a scare. Though I am partially upset that he's going behind my back, at least it's not Steve or James. Personally I think that Pete and Wanda would be good friends.

I walk into the library after the elevator ride down and see their faces pale.

"Mr-Mr-Tony. Uh- uh" Peter says as he's stuttering while they both walk up to me.