Chapter nineteen: Sensory Overload

Tony's POV

I woke up to a mission alert. I immediately get up and get ready. I run to the landing pad and see everyone running there as well. It's not so bad to where we need Peter but it's also not small enough to where he can come. Everyone meets up at the landing pad, Nat, Clint, Sam, Bucky, Bruce, and even Wanda. Though we wouldn't need the Hulk, we could use a medic. And Bruce is the closest we have.

"Where's Steve?!" Nat asks Bucky.

"I don't know. He left for a run this morning. I guess he didn't come back in time for the mission." Bucky says as Nat rolls her eyes.

"Whatever. Let's go. I think we'll survive." I say as the jet lowers its door and we'll go in.

I go into the jet trying not to think about the pact that Peter and Steve will be alone in the same building. Wait, I may have just the guy to call...

Peter's POV

I wake up at around 8:00 with a massive headache, I look around and see that both Wanda and Wade are gone. I look at the side table only to see two notes, one from Wade and one from Wanda.

I look at Wanda's first: "To Peter: All of the Avengers are out for a mission today, so that means you're home alone for the day. Thank you so much for the movie day yesterday, I hope we can do it again soon. - Wanda"

They went on a mission? And Tony didn't even invite me? Rude.

I then look at Wade's note: "Hey Petie Pie. Thanks for inviting me yesterday. It was fun and I think Wanda is cool. Can't wait to hang out again with my baby boy. Patrol soon? xoxo - DP"  Aww, he's so cute.

I put the notes down, my smile quickly fades as my headache worsens. I can tell that this can quickly turn into a sensory overload.

"Friday, turn off the lights." I say to her.

"It appears that you are on the verge of a severe sensory overload. Would you like to go to your lab Peter? It has no windows and can be completely sound and light proof." Friday says in a soft voice.

"Sure Fri." I say as I hold my hands to my ears. I walk to the elevator and the door opens for me. I walk in and press the level for my lab. Half way there the doors open and guess who steps in? Mr. America himself. Great.

"Oh hello." He says as he presses his button.

I just nod and squint, my hands still over my ears, his words are like taking a punch to the face. It seems that he catches on that somethings wrong.

"Are you alright?" He asks as I shake my head.

"Please, be quite." I'm barley able to get out.

"What's wrong?" He asks. He then cancels his floor and instead comes with my to my lab.

I shake my head instantly, not wanting anyone around me, especially not him.

"I can help, what do you need me to do? I think Tony will understand." He asks as I still shake my head.

"You're only making it worse." I say in a soft voice as he almost looks hurt.

When we get to the right floor I step out and he follows. I immediately shake my head and swat him away, he just shakes his head. I then walk away as he follows, his every footstep killing my head. I go into my lab and sit on the floor in a little ball.

"Is there anything I can do?" Steve asks, I immediately shake my head and swat him away.

"Please let me help. Tony would want me to help you-" he starts until the elevator door opens. I see Wade step out and the run over to me.