Chapter twenty: Burns and Bullet wounds

Natasha's POV

We are on the jet, on our way to next location, when I get a bunch of texts from Steve.

All of them saying stuff like "The kid jumped out of a window. I didn't see it happen but his window is open and I asked Friday. She told me that he did. What do I do? We need to tell Tony." And at first my heart jumped, but then I realize that he just went out for patrol.

I text him back "Look, Steve, you're going to have to trust me. He's all right. Don't go freaking out or anything. The kids alright. Just leave it alone. And what were you doing looking for the kid anyways huh? Don't go near him, just leave the situation alone."

"I wasn't trying to mess with the kid, it's just earlier he had a sensory overload. A bad one too. Luckily his friend Wade was over and helped him out. Wade left so I was just trying to check up on him. He looked like he was in a lot of pain. I'm sorry." He says as I roll my eyes but am concerned at the same time. Since when does Pete have sensory overloads? And bad ones at that? Why didn't he tell us?

"What's going on? Something happen at the tower?" Tony asks frantically. I hand him my phone and he reads the texts. I can't tell his emotion, he looks angry, scared, worried, and relived all at the same time. He hands me back my phone and nods.

I text Steve back "Look, just don't worry about it. Now I have to get back to the mission. I won't be able to check my phone. We'll talk later. Don't go looking for Peter. Okay?"

"Wouldn't think of it." He texts back. Now the question is whether or not he actually is going to do what I said.

Peter's POV

I arrive to me and Wade's usual spot, I see him sitting there and swinging his legs. Adorable.

He sees me and I sit down next to him.

"You know I'm against this right?" He says as I roll my eyes.

"What could possibly go wrong huh? Let's just go looking for baddies." I say to him.

"Karen what's the specs?" I ask her.

"There is a robbery on the bank on 41st street and in the corner store on 37th street. If you and Deadpool leave now you can get them both." She says to me.

"Hey there's a robbery on 37th street. You go to that one and imma go to the one on 41st. Meet up after?" I ask him as he nods.

"Sounds good, I'll see you there." He says as we both jump off the building.

After stopping the robbery, saving the hostages, and waiting for the cops to come, I finally meet back up with Wade.

"Dude, what took so long?" He asks.

"Hostage situation." I say as he nods and says "ahhh."

"Peter there is a robbery on 56th street. The robber appears to have backup and in going into a apartment." Karen says as I stand up.

"Alright DP, lets go. There's a apartment robbery on 56th street, they have backup." I say as I swing away and he follows after me.

"It appears that the robber had started a fire and is endangering everyone in the apartment complex." Karen says, I immediately start to swing faster. I reach there around a minute later.

Wade starts at the bottom of the complex helping people out from the bottom, with the fire fighters. I go straight to the robbery.

I see the robbers, three of them, corner a mom and two kids in a corner. I take down the first two, then the last one shoots at the mom, I jump in front of her and get shot in the shoulder. Fuck me.