Chapter seventeen: Picnic

Peter's POV

I woke up the next day and got dressed, I then headed out to the kitchen, with Benji following me, and see Tony in there. I made plans with Wade later and now I just gotta get them approved.

"Hey kiddo." He says as he gets a mug down.

"Hey Tony, would it be alright if I went to the park today with Wade?" I ask him as he looks at me.

"Yeah that would be perfect actually, Pepper is making me go to this conference thing. Boring." He says as Pepper walks in.

"I heard that." She says as she rolls her eyes.

"Oh hi Peter." She says with a smile.

"Hey Pepper." I say with a big grin.

"Hey Pete, how about you take Benji with you to the park?" Tony asks.

"Oh yeah! That would be perfect, he needs to get out." I say as I look down at Benji.

"Sounds like a plan." Pepper says as she fixes Tony's tie.

"Come on we gotta go." She says to Tony.

"But I just made coffee." He protests like a child as I giggle at him. He side eyes me, which only makes me laugh harder.

"We can get coffee on the way." She says as she rolls her eyes and Tony dumps his mug out.

"Goodbye Peter." Pepper says with a smile as she goes towards the elevator.

"Goodbye Pepper, Bye Tony!" I say to them.

"Bye Underoos!" Tony yells out at the doors close.

Time to call Wade. I pick up my phone and call him.

"Hello?" I hear a groggy Wade answer.

"Hey DP." I say as I hear him sigh.

"Peter, it's 9:30, how are you awake."

"You mean to tell me you just woke up?" I ask him.

"Of course I did. And you're lucky it was you calling, if it was anyone else I wouldn't of answered." Wade says to me. Aww, he's so cute.

"You're so cute you know that?" I say to him.

"All I said was that I would pick up the phone for you. And yes I know."

"I know but you said only for me." I say as I hear him chuckle.

"Only for you Petie Pie. So are we on for today? Four thirty? At our normal spot?"

"Yes, I got an OK. And I'm brining Benji. Also do you want to come here afterwards?"

"Of course I would love to. Also I love Benji so that's amazing. But yeah, I'm still being food so don't worry about that. And your brining a blanket and yourself right?" He asks as I laugh.

"Of course DP. Also I just learned that yesterday you pulled out a gun to protect me? How romantic." I say as I can basically hear him blush.

"You know I would do anything for you Baby Boy."

"As I to you." I say with a smile.

"Well, I sadly have to go. You know I gotta get dressed and get stuff ready. So I'll see you later Spidey-boi."

"Alright I'll see you later Wade." I say as he hangs up.

I then walk back to my room with Benji and see Goose. Benji then lays on my bed and stares out the window. It's a beautiful day today, maybe I can go out and read? I grab my book and go to the kitchen. I make myself some tea and head down to the private lawn/garden behind SI tower. Not many people have access to this area. I head down there with Goose following me.