14. The Alliance's Input - Yagura

Gaara stared blankly at the back of his best friend's head. He had been calling the Uzumaki for a few minutes now, but his quiet and monotone voice was drowned out and unintelligible among all the civilians rushing to Naruto's side.

It was about midday, and Gaara had decided to visit spontaneously when he found a piece of paper in his pocket. It wasn't addressed to him, but the laws of the REQUESTS dictated that he was meant to be the interviewer for the chapter.

Gaara wasn't great at speaking; he had gotten much better once he became Kazekage, but no one would be able to beat Naruto in a talking contest. The blond never knew when to shut up.

Thus, he was going to ask Naruto for his help, just for moral support.

"Naruto." Gaara spoke again, his voice low and deep. When the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki didn't react, Gaara clenched his teeth and held his hand out.

A swarm of sand circled his fist and he grabbed onto it. He threw it at Naruto's head.

"Ah!" Naruto flinched as he was attacked, he spun around quickly and was met with Gaara's irked expression. He awkwardly laughed and shooed away his fangirls and fanboys. "Gaara, my bro, how ya doing?"

Rolling his eyes, Gaara waved the paper in front of his face. "It's time."

Horror crossed Naruto's features, he took a deep breath and nodded. "Who is it for?"

Gaara looked into his eyes. "Yagura."

"Oh shit."

It didn't take long for Naruto and Gaara to agree on how to introduce the question. They had taken a quick peek at it and quickly folded it up. Yagura was not going to enjoy this.

Once they had located him via his chakra, they knocked on a classroom door and nervously looked inside. Yagura was the Academy's headteacher now, and taught some classes. He was in the middle of The History of Ninja - Origination of Chakra. Naruto blanched.

"It's Danchou-sama!" A young girl gushed.

A boy grinned widely, Naruto recognised him as one of the children they saved from Orochimaru's lab. "And Gaara the Kazekage, woahh."

Yagura raised an eyebrow and held his hand up to silence the children, who looked really bored and dead until Naruto and Gaara entered.

"Naruto-Danchou, I'm in the middle of a class, how can I help?"

Naruto knew that Yagura hated being interrupted, but time was of the essence here. He was always formal too, Yagura always called him by his title when he was around people, to 'set an example' or something.

Clearing his throat, Naruto smiled. "You've got a request, actually."

Excitement lit up in Yagura's eyes and he leaned back on his desk. He glanced at his class, of about twenty kids, ranging from age 9 to 11. They judged ninja talent on a combination of age and ability, as some people learn slower or quicker than others.

"We can do it here, if you like." The second that Yagura finished saying that, the kids broke into cheers and encouraged Gaara and Naruto to stay.