26. Sasuke & Naruto School AU

A short extract of a SasuNaru I was writing previously, Called Seven Days

__________________________________

Day 0

Naruto Uzumaki tapped his pen against the paper and stared out the window; he mostly just liked to just look, watching nature all around him, the black birds calling for their family, the leaves swaying in the wind, and the quiet sound of singing birds.

"Alright everyone, we have a class project due in for exactly seven days, so next week." Kakashi told everyone with a covered grin on his face.

The class groaned, no one liked projects, it always involved having a partner to work on it with. And it was all the more annoying if you had a fangirl, or anyone annoying for your partner. The teacher always decided, and you couldn't change his decision. And when it's Kakashi choosing... Well, he was known for being evil. He always put the weirdest pairs together.

"It will be a Citizenship project. You have to get along with your partner and show that even people from different environments and social statuses can work together. It doesn't matter if it is the same gender, or different. You must show that you are getting along, by taking videos, and pictures." Kakashi said.

A few people laughed at the ridiculousness of it all.

"I wouldn't be laughing if I were you... If you don't complete it, you get a big fat F on your report card, it's 65% of your grade." He plastered a smirk on his face and watched as everyone's expressions dropped.

Jaws dropped and Naruto took his eyes away from the window and sighed, this wasn't going to be good.

Kakashi picked up a piece of paper and looked at it, Naruto assumed it to have the pairs on it.

The girls all stared at the hottest guys; Sasuke, Gaara and Neji. Sasuke was the most popular guy in school, Neji came in closely behind, followed by Gaara. With their monotone voices and pale complexions, they were just the perfect guys for pretty much all of the female population in the school.

And it practically made Naruto nauseous.

"The pairs are as follows, and you cannot request a change." Kakashi stated.

The pubescent teenagers were sighing and groaning at the overall unfairness of it all, but nevertheless, most of the females snuck glanced at Sasuke, or the bolder ones stared outright. Naruto just rolled his eyes.

Kakashi cleared his throat and grinned to himself as he read out the pairs.

"Sakura and Rock Lee." Sakura smacked her head on the table while Lee made the loudest celebration shout ever.

"Temari and Shikamaru." Shikamaru murmured troublesome, and Temari shrugged.

"Neji and Gaara." The girls let out moans and groans, both hot guys were taken. For each other!

"Kiba and Hinata." Hinata blinked and Kiba gave a wolfish grin.

"Tenten and Haku." They looked at each other for a couple of seconds, Tenten waved as Haku smiled.

"Ino and Chouji." Ino put her head in her hands while Chouji ate some crisps.

"Shino and Kankuro." They both didn't even care.

People stared directly at the remaining two, their eyes were wide, they couldn't believe Kakashi would put them together. They were anticipating the reactions for this last one. Naruto glared at Kakashi, he knew what was going to happen.