Chapter 1: Quiet*

Rosa's Pov

The hallways were always quiet during classroom hours. Everyone had a class to attend while I walked the halls to find students to hand over some sheets of paper to those who haven't turn in their overdue library books.

I'd walk into a room without looking at everyone, feeling a few eyes on me as those few became quiet, handed the sheets to the teacher, and walked out with a simple smile on my face.

The number of eyes that stop what they were doing to watch me never changes every time I enter a room filled with students around my age. I've been asked to work around the school's main office as an office aid due to not having a last period like everyone else does, so doing things like delivering papers and such was normal, just like eyes on me was normal on a daily basis.

I've became used to being stared at by others ever since I first transferred to this school at the beginning of the school year, and surprisingly, even if I'm known to be the quiet girl who avoids a crowd and a casual conversation, people accepted it only after questioning me for the millionth time: my response would always the same.

Even if I'm very quiet and to myself, I wasn't shy, nor was I anti-social. I've been like this ever since I could remember, and I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. In the beginning, when I first transferred here to Asperna City to the new trainer school that opened up, I introduced myself to my new classmates respectively and loudly. There wasn't a hint of me seeming shy or anything, but from what others said, I seemed like the kind of person who likes being alone, which was the truth.

Walking by everyone in the hallways while on my way to my next class with a simple smile was enough to make people accept my silence, even if it wasn't as big of an issue as people may think it would be. I just prefer to be this way.

My work during the last period of the day allows me to do office work and organization around the school or just around the office. It's honestly a breeze.

There were only about 2 sheets of papers left that I had to take to the last room before heading back to the office to collect my things for the day. This particular class was all about the process of understanding Pokémon and their typings. Even if this was a class most intended for freshman, the teacher who's in charge likes to throw everything at the students all at once to challenge their knowledge and it makes them, in my opinion, the most grumpy, misbehaved, and battle driven students I've ever seen... yet they won't think twice about making the teacher angry.

This particular class had the most outgoing students in the school, and having to enter such a classroom got me shaking in my knees. I wasn't a very nervous person to begin with. What got me a bit nervous was a certian student I didn't want looking at me. I thought to myself; it would be okay, since it's the last classroom I'll have to enter. A deep breath was enough to calm me down and walk inside.

Unlike the other classroom I entered before, this classroom was loud and cheerful. Students were throwing things across the room and having a good time while others were playing with their Pokémon or simply just sleeping on their desk all while the teacher was grading papers on the other side of the classroom.

All goes quiet when I walk in. Not just a few students go quiet like other classrooms, everyone goes quiet. The tossing around and party-like atmosphere had vanished as soon as I entered.

"Sorry I interrupted the party" I joked a little, making a few students laugh with me. Knowing it was my last room for the day and all I have to do is hand papers, I got myself to go on and head towards the teacher's desk... which was in the back of the room that made me have to walk pass everyone's desk to get to!

Walking by everyone staring at me and following my every move would make anyone feel awkward and nervous to do so, but it didn't matter to me in the slightest. The pair of eyes I didn't want seeing me the most were locked on me, making me lose my nerves and walk past everyone while sweating.