Chapter 15: Guilt•

Rosa's Pov

I stared outside the window, watching the city running like it always had. There's never a day when people aren't running around getting to where they need to be. It continues even if something horrible had happened.

That morning before what happened, I had gotten ready to go to Hugh's house so that his family and I could go to the mainland together for the weekend. It was a generous offer and his mom was more than happy to take us with Jenny, who was the most excited since she never traveled before.

I left my house and wasn't even aware I was being followed, but I was pretty sure it started as soon as I turned to his street. Team Plasma had spotted me and followed me, probably thinking I was heading home from somewhere.

Everyone was ready to go and I was having a conversation with Jenny on the amazing places she gets to see while we travel pass Castelia city and towards Nacrene City. All of a sudden, a group of 5 guys in black stormed into the house and trashed everything.

Hugh tried to make sure we were safe away from the ruckus and promised to take care of it, but Jenny's Purrloin intervened and tried attacking without an order.

Things took a turn, Jenny tried getting Purrloin out the way when a grunt was coming towards us. Seeing that the grunt was about to harm her with a knife, I took the attack and was thrown back after the blow. I was still conscious then, and I watched Purrloin getting even more mad and aimed to attack the grunt, but ended up getting stabbed on its side. Before I was blacking out, Hugh jumped him with his bare hands and knocked the guy out.

After I fell asleep, a warm pair of arms held me in a hug, embracing me with love and affection... Their voice echoed in my ears, but I couldn't hear who it was or what they were saying. Next thing I knew, I woke up in a hospital and was told by the doctor what happened. From then on, I knew I couldn't forgive myself.

"It's my fault..." I said to myself, still staring out the window with tears running down my gown "I can't even face Hugh now... It was my fault they came and I didn't even notice" I cupped my face "It should had been me... now I lost both of them" I sobbed "I'm so sorry..." I shook my head "I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. I'm so useless... It's all my fault" I flinched when I twisted my body too much and looked at the bandage by my collar bone "I could say I'm lucky to be alive, but I wish I could just die" I stared at the ceiling "I ruin everything I touch..." I closed my eyes "Should I just end it now..?" I looked back at the ceiling "I can't ever face him... The last friend of my childhood. I ruined everything..."

"That's not true!" I sat up in a hurry, ignoring the pain on my chest, and saw Jenny crying by the door "If it weren't for you being there, I wouldn't be here" she rushed over to my bed, putting her arms on top since she couldn't reach "He doesn't hate you! Hugh doesn't hate you!" He should... If he knew I was the one that brought those criminals in, this wouldn't have happened.

All I did was pet her head and offered her a smile "Thank you... Jenny. The biggest question is, how are you doing?" She frowned.

"Purrloin is getting treatment. Mommy said she's going to be fine soon" I held my heart "She got injured pretty badly, but it's curable!" I sobbed.

"That's good... That's so good..." I cupped my face "I'm sorry... Jenny. I'm so sorry..."

"It's not your fault!" Yes it is... I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

"Ms.Rosa" the Doctor walked into the room "I'm glad to see you awake. You have a list of visitors who want to see you" he handed me a clip board to show me a bunch of familiar names "Please circle the ones you can accept while I check on your wound. Not all can come at once. I recommend three at a time" I nodded.