Chapter 33: Reality•

Kris's Pov

I stared at the ocean in the sky of the horizon and the clouds where the ocean was suppose to be, wondering everyday of my life about what real life looked like. It's been forever since I've seen it...

It's been a long time since I've even spoken to anyone. I look forward to talking to Rosa, but she's not always around, and for good reason. It would be dangerous to use too much dream mist. I appreciate that she comes to talk to me... but even more blessed to know that she's working so hard to help. She's incredible.

I've always been able to hear people from the real world. It's very faint and I always have to listen carefully to hear. Usually it's the doctors or my boyfriend speaking to me. It's more often him coming to talk to me about his day... Which I enjoy very much. It's always nice to hear the change of his voice as the years go by.

He leaves out the negative things Rosa told me about, but it's easy to tell in his voice when he mentions something that made him upset. I asked a favor from Rosa the other day I last saw her... If she succeeds in the cure, I hope she follows through.

The dream world I've been living in was always quiet and lonely. I could never tell how much time had passed. Everything is always different, and I can never tell if what I see resembles the real world or not. Rosa pointed it out. That made me eager to see what life was like again...

A certain smell flared through my nostrils and some flavor was so stale and bitter that it almost gave me a reaction. I recognized the flavor from a grand master from Johto who cured a patient in his dojo. I remained calm from the horrible taste and felt my body loosening. The dream world was removed, and I was able to open my eyes in the faint lighted room, first seeing Rosa smiling and crying at me. I wasn't in the dream world... I know what a dream feels like. This is reality.

"Good morning, sleepy head!" Rosa sobbed, holding that smile of hers. My body was took weak to move on its own, but I knew I was sitting up against a soft bed, being able to see a few strangers, girls, staring at me with a jolly look on their faces, hugging Rosa over and over on her success.

I smiled at them and glanced over at weird noises coming from beside me. Rosa helped me turn my head to show me a bunch of boys holding down a older version of Ethan on the floor. He was beyond scary and he was unrecognizable from the hatred and hunger in his eyes. So it's true... He is feared by everyone from his aggression.

"He's not with us right now" Rosa frowned at me "He was so determined to keep everyone from touching you" I slowly nodded and looked back at Ethan "Guys!" Rosa called the boys, who quickly looked up to see me staring at them.

They got distracted that it made Ethan push them off and run at Rosa. I saw the hunger in his eyes and feared for Rosa. I didn't have enough energy to move my hand to stop him, nor was able to speak loudly, but knowing this medicine in my mouth was powerful, I was able to lift up my hand move it close to her face, which made Ethan stop on time...

"Rosa..." I coughed, staring at Ethan staring at me like I was a ghost "Do it" Rosa gulped and looked at Ethan before slapping his face as hard as she could, making him fall back and hold his cheek. That's what I asked her to do...

"O-Ow..." Rosa shook her hand in pain, getting closer to me. I frowned at her and looked back at Ethan kneeling on the floor, streaming tears on his face. His face had dropped in relief, like a huge burden was lifted from his chest.

"K-Kris..."

"I..." I coughed "I leave you for who knows how long... and you start to do stupid things again" I coughed again, trying to get pass my dry throat "I never imagined you would go this low" he sobbed.