Chapter 10: Design*

"And done!" Brendan presented me to my mom and sister downstairs "Isn't she a beaut?!" I blushed, feeling embarrassed how I was wearing such a outfit "The dinner's attire is casually formal, so the skirt is fluffed up, but not too wavy. I gave her a heart shaped breast line to compliment her shoulders, and I even did the liberty to do her makeup!" He held his hips "I say it's one of my finest work, but if it were a different kind of attire, I would had went all out" he looked at me "What do you think?"

"The dress is stunning..." I blushed.

"It would had been more stunning if you didn't have the cast and bandages, but what can you do?" He sighed.

"What amazing work" Mom complicated "I never seen you all dressed up ever since you were little!" Hilda agreed.

"Ever since mom stopped dressing you up, all you do is wear t-shirts and hoodies all the time"

"I have no one to impress" I huffed.

"Well now you're going to impress everyone!" Brendan offered his arm "Shall we go together? Everyone is already on their way" I nodded and took his arm.

"Sure..." we walked out the house after waving and Brendon send out his Shelgon.

"Hop on. It'll be better for you to take a ride instead of walking" I looked down "What's wrong?"

"I... I don't know if I should go. Showing up might make things uncomfortable. I don't want that to happen... Don't get me wrong. Your work is amazing and should be shown by everyone, but we don't know each other like this. Why was I suddenly invited?"

"Serena was the first to invite you. She wanted you to open up to people and get to know other people. We are a friendly bunch, so we're cool with it, but I knew you weren't the kind of person to be with a group of people. I had my doubts. Since I'm the one that designed your dress, you can't back down on this now" I pouted.

"It's not my fault!" He laughed "Be honest... Will it be okay?" I looked down "Will I make things uncomfortable?"

"What are you scared of? Is there someone in the group you don't like? I know Ethan is a jerk, but you seem to know how to handle him better than I can" I looked away "Come on" he leaned over to look at me "You know my secret. Can I know yours?" I shyly looked at him "I won't force you, but if it makes you feel any better" I nodded, wanting him to feel like he can trust me with a precious secret he wants to hide.

"Nate... I don't think he'll want me there" I admitted, cupping my face.

"What is he going to do? Bite you?" I feel like that can be the case "Nate isn't the kind of person to let things turn badly. Not that I expect him to not want you there, you don't have to worry about his reaction when there's a lot of people present" he shrugged "I don't exactly know what you think is going to happen, but he can sit on the other side of the table where you can't see him if it makes you happy"

"T-That's not..." I could feel him staring at me "Why am I doing this..? I said I don't want any friends..." he said.

"Just take it as a group of people who want the company. The more people, the better. You have a way with words. That's why you're so popular with a lot of people in school. You can speak your mind and know what to say at the perfect moment. You may not need friends, but you need people in your life to remind you that you're not alone in this world" I slowly started crying "Don't cry" he took out some tissue to dab on my eyes "Your makeup will run" I chuckled "What's so funny?"

"To think... You put up this tough guy act at school, but you're actually very genuine" he looked surprised "It's suits you a lot... You shouldn't change so that people won't make fun of you. Those people don't know a slight thing about what you can do. Sewing is hard, but you do it so well. A lot of people may laugh, but the most mature will admire the talent" he frowned "It's a gift. You should never hide what you earned. One day, they will need your talent" he rubbed the back of his head, looking embarrassed.