Chapter 5: Daycare•

Rosa's Pov

I stared at the bookmark Nate abandoned, on my desk. The drawing of the Audino, his favorite Pokémon back then, was colored in crayon and pencil. It brought back a lot of precious memories. Memories that will never come back no matter what...

The bookmark sat on the desk next to the bookmark Nate gave me when we were little. It had a better drawing of my favorite Pokémon back then; a Swablu.

When we were kids, we didn't have money to give each other fancy gifts, so we used what we had in front of us and drew on some hard paper we thought was cool to draw on and gave it to each other. The drawings weren't meant to be bookmarks. They were meant to be a mini poster like the older kids had on their walls, but we had limited space and it was the best we could do. We loved them either way.

At least... I thought he loved it. To think he would just throw away the bookmark I gave him just like that in front of me. I can't even think about the bookmark without thinking of betrayal, but betrayal was a current word I would describe our relationship.

I sighed to myself and got ready for work. I put on some jean shorts and a sleeveless flannel with workboots and was ready to leave my house.

Mom wasn't home, like usual, so I walked out with a snack and other things in my travel bag and left to Floccesy Town, home of the daycare center I work for.

The city was always a loud place to live in, but my home rests in the neighborhood where city dwellers don't bother us too much nor cause a disturbance from how loud they were.

It was easy to find the roads that are more closed off to the traffic, leaving many of the locals who live in the more quiet areas a place to be at peace in their walks, much like I was doing now.

As I walked through the peaceful streets of the neighborhood by me, I imagined how busy I'll become and how fast the time will go by.

Being a workaholic runs in my family. We often find ourselves to be so intimate with our work that we forget a entire day goes by. It's sad to admit that all that precious time is wasted, but it's better to say that everyone in my family, including me, found jobs that we love. My only question is... will I be stay working in the daycare center forever?

My mom works as a doctor in the Pokémon center. Her skills required her to travel a lot when I was little, and because I got older, she could finally breath since I'm able to stay home alone for a long period of time. She would often leave the city to work in other Pokémon centers.

My big sister is a famous movie director! She's really awesome! She's admired by many people in the film industry and made it to the top by directing the films so well that it feels so life like. She's very admirable. On my days off, I try my best to communicate with her, but she's always busy...

"At least she text me sometimes" I checked my phone for new messages "A new movie was premiered the other day. I missed the opportunity to go, but there will be too many people" I turned off my phone "I'll go another day" I looked around and spotted a familiar house with a little girl playing with her Purrloin in the front yard.

"Hey there, Jenny" I waved. Jenny stopped playing and waved back to me.

"Hi!" As soon as she said that, Hugh, her older brother, walked out from the house. I flinched and waved back as casually as possible, but knowing him since we were kids, he knew when someone wasn't being themselves or faking something.

"G-Good afternoon, Hugh" I smiled. He tilted his head upward as a greeting and handed his sister something from a plastic tray he had in his hands. He later walked up to the fence towards me, so I walked up to him, wondering if he wanted to say something. All he did was offer a cupcake from his bunch on the tray.