Chapter 17: Dawn•

Hugh's Pov

I was walking the halls after Nate had left the lunchroom to make a phone call. He told me his brother kept pushing on him to talk to Rosa, which was a bit surprising since Hilbert knew about their relationship more than I did.

I wasn't sure if he was going to do what Hilbert told him to do, but he was taking awhile since leaving the lunch room. Nobody has seen Rosa at all this week, and she's gotten better at hiding. I remember every time I see her in the hallways, I yell her name and chase after her when she starts running.

Her running confused me a lot, but after what my sister said about what she heard what Rosa said, it made a lot of sense. She blames herself for what happened. She believes that Team Plasma followed her or something and she was the reason why everything happened.

Nobody blamed her, but because I know she likes to blame herself for every little mistake, it wasn't going to be easy to hunt her down. I'm sure she already thought to avoid me forever just like the rest of our friends, but I'm not going down without a fight. I have to talk to her before she tries hiding from me again and assuming that I blamed her for something I couldn't prevent.

I couldn't protect her. She jumped the way when Jenny was about to be attacked, when it should had been me. I was too shocked to do anything, shocked to know the house was being attacked, yet Rosa didn't hesitate. I snapped and released my rage at the grunts who dared mess with me and the ones I loved. They hurt Rosa... They hurt my sister's Purrloin! A Pokémon I got her! I will not let this go!

Nate and I kept fighting over and over because of my determination to leave school and hunt down the men who barged into my home. I didn't want to wait another month to get my trainer card, but if I don't get one, I'll be stopped so many times before I get the chance to go anywhere. It took a lot of convincing, but I calmed down and accepted that I needed to be patient. At least Rosa and Purrloin was okay... still. I wish I could had done more.

Because Nate was taking a long time, Barry, Lucas, Brendon, Calem, Ethan and I separated in groups to find him. Of course, I refused to go with Ethan and let him go on his own.

We, not Ethan, knew how overwhelmed Nate was over Rosa when she was asleep due to her injuries for those few days, and we wanted to make sure he stays okay.

The halls were always quiet while lunch was going on. It gave us the perfect time to look around without needing to look over students heads. Looking for someone while the hallway were flooded was the most annoying thing ever! And I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for Rosa!

As soon as I turned the corner, I stopped when seeing Ethan having his hands over the locker Rosa was leaning on. It took a lot of me to not run over there and punch him. As soon as he took her chin, I ran as fast as I could and threw my hand on his cheek, yelling at him as we wrestled on the floor.

Lucas and Barry tried pulling us apart, but Ethan and I ended up punching them away so we could continue fighting "Don't ever put your dirty hands on her!" I shouted, trying to punch his face again, but he kept moving his head.

"Or what?! It's not like you're her friend!" Ethan laughed "I didn't do anything! She was threatening me!"

"Don't give me that bullshit! You're full of crap!" Lucas managed to pull me away and Barry pulled Ethan away.

"How dare you touch her like that!" I shouted "You better keep your nasty hands to yourself or I'll ruin that pretty face of yours even more!" Ethan pushed Barry away as Lucas continued to pull me back.

"You're so angry. I'm almost scared" Ethan snorted "Don't act like Rosa can't take care of herself"

"Where is Rosa anyway?" Barry asked. We all looked at the heavy exit doors slowly closing. My blood dropped.