Chapter 27: Soon•

Dawn's Pov

I was taking my stroll with my little brother around the city to pick up some treats for us to take back to his place so we can have a movie night.

Since me, Lucas, and Barry has made the decision to leave Sinnoh together to this new school in Unova, we've always spend time together in their dorms instead of the large mansion my dad got me just for my comfort, but when I get the chance to spend time with normal people instead of having to live like a princess, I'll do it before I have to go home at night.

"Should we order 5 pizzas?" Lucas asked, eating some chips as we walk.

"Seriously? Why do you always eat so much and not gain weight? You boys are impossible" I shook my head "but at least I get to eat whatever I want when I'm with you. It beats eating the fancy food they serve me"

"You know you're always welcome" Lucas smiled "I always have to be with you when you come to our dorms. I don't want Barry flirting with you" I flinched.

"W-What are you talking about?!" He just ate his food. I shook my head and went to the supermarket with him to grab whatever I wanted. I had the money to pay it, but when I wasn't looking, he paid for it all.

"Lucas!" I glared. He just chuckled and carried all the bags "You need that money to pay for your dorm!"

"Graduation is almost here. It doesn't matter. Besides. It's not that much. I'm not that poor" I was taken back "You don't always have to buy me everything. I can manage on my own" I frowned and looked down.

"Sorry... I didn't mean it that way. I just don't want you to struggle"

"You should really get to know where someone stands before you assume something" he frowned at me "Like how you yelled at Nate?"

"I did what I had to do to snap him out of it. He was being a child!"

"Still, not everyone is well put together like you are" I gulped and looked away "I'm sorry... That was mean"

"No, I know what you were getting at. It can seem that way, because of my parents" Lucas sighed and walked up to me, handing me the bags he held in one hand.

"Here, you carry these" I quickly smiled and helped him out "I already saw the change in you since we started living here for years now. You were the princess who didn't want to be friends with anyone because they were a waste of your time. You were mean and snobby, but you've changed a lot" he smiled back "I can't wait to get back home and start our journey. Hopefully nothing crazy goes on like what happened here with Team Plasma or whatever"

"You think I'll be able to be like Rosa's sister? Saving the region and all?" He chuckled at my joke.

"For sure!" We laughed together and began to head home while talking about random things. Lucas looked up ahead and pointed out Rosa walking around "Hey look, It's Rosa!"

"Oh!" He took the things from my hands.

"You can go over if you want. I'll take everything back myself" I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks!" I waved and jogged over to Rosa. I only ran about a block and I already got tired... I need to start building up my stamina if I want to go on a journey when I get home "Rosa!" I waved, making her look back at me. I made it to her and leaned on my knees out of breath.

"Hm?" She responded.

"I've been meaning to talk to you" I explained. She yawned and wiped her sleepy tears away. I looked at her seeming a bit pale lately. I've heard she's been stressed about finding that specific berry, and it's been that way for weeks now. I don't exactly remember when she first asked about it, but she hasn't been very responsive and has been hiding a lot for no reason.