Chapter 25: Heart•

Rosa's Pov

I turned around and saw Nate walking behind me with his work uniform, looking tired and grumpy while playing with his phone "Nate?" He looked up at me and turned red in less than a second "Are you alright?" He rubbed the back of his head, looking at his phone again.

"Y-Yeah... I've just had a bad day at work" I faced him.

"Did you?" He looked at me and put his phone away "Want to talk about it?" He chuckled.

"You're always so nice to everyone" I blushed and looked away. I've must've offended him.

"I-I try my best... There's no point in being rude to anyone"

"Except Ethan" he chuckled. I frowned and looked at my arm, knowing the bruise he gave me was getting bigger and uglier "He's a real jerk"

"Whatever made him like this is probably the cause. I hope it can be reversed someday" he nodded and frowned.

"If a miracle happens" Does he know about Kris? "He's a... character" I nodded "Anyways, work isn't the same as it use to be. I hate going to work now" I walked up to him .

"Did something happen?"

"I broke up with this girl that worked there, and since then, she never leaves me alone" I flinched. I almost forgot Nate was a ladies man and dated a lot of girls. It had seemed a thing of the past for some reason. I haven't seen him hang with any girls that aren't in his friend group "It's really annoying"

"May I ask?" He sighed and showed me a picture on his phone of a famous idol kissing another. From the stories I heard, Nate really was dating a idol! "I see..."

"She's been forcing me to delete the picture off my phone for ages and begged to be with me again. What I saw was wrong and blah blah" he rolled his eyes "I had enough of fake people" I looked at him glancing away and frowned. Nate...

"For someone who's always making people happy, I know you deserve better" he looked at me surprised "You give your all and deserve to find someone that makes you just as happy as you make them!" He frowned again and looked down.

"Yeah..." he cleared his throat. Did I say something wrong..? "I'm just going to head home now. It's getting late and crazy people are out there" I nodded and watched him walk away.

"Of course..." he went up to his door to unlock it and softly smiled back at me. I smiled back, waving a little, and watched him close the door behind him. I looked down at my chest and took out my necklace with the plastic ring he gave me when we were kids.

"I hope he can find happiness one day..." I kissed the ring and went inside my house to prepare for another day tomorrow.

Nate's Pov

"You give your all and deserve to find someone that makes you just as happy as you make them!" I wasn't able to make her happy for all these years, and I missed the chance. I blamed myself and went back to my bad mood. I tried not taking it out on her in fear she'll think the wrong way, and left her with a smile.

"I don't want to make anyone else happy... I don't care about that. I just care about making you happy" Is what I should had said. Instead I'm just in my house, regretting myself and my actions again "Why am I like this?" For years now, I've did everything in my power to become everyone's friend. I didn't want to make the same mistake... Yet I never really cared about that many people. It was only to make myself feel better about myself for what I did. All I care about is making the people closes to me happy... and even if Rosa and I aren't close, I want to make her happy most of all.