Chapter 35: Final•

Nate's Pov

We waited patiently in our seats while my friends and I talked for a short while before we overheard some cheery yelling "Alright everyone, it's time to begin!" Bianca cheered, walking to the battle field with Cheren, Hilbert, and Hilda "Everyone pick up a number from this jar and whoever gets a matching number will battle together!" Bianca waved a jar.

"We have two jars in total. Nobody will get to pick their partners!" Cheren yelled "but we will form a line by each jar and there will be a likely chance you'll get the same number as the person you want to battle. I don't recommend to let everyone pick out someone they are use to battling. It defeats the purpose of challenging new people!"

"The real world is large and not everyone is the same!" Hilda held her hip "take it from me! There are criminals who will stand in your way! You'll have to train enough to keep yourself and your Pokémon safe! We don't want anyone getting hurt! Fight the ones you least expect!"

"We want everyone to know that if one loses, that doesn't mean you don't pass and won't get a trainer card" Hilbert said "It'll only teach you that you'll need to build up your battling strategies. Anyone who wins will also learn that there are more ways of winning and more ways of losing! Just because you win doesn't mean you won't lose to someone else! This will teach you that everyone out there will either be stronger than you or weaker. You'll hardly know which. Always keep an open mind and don't be cocky!"

"We went this far in your high school years to prepare for this day! Everyone line up in even numbers to each jar! If you plan on battling someone, choose the other jar!" Cheren clapped. Everyone got up from their seats and started lining up. Strangely enough, I close to join Rosa at one jar and our friends chose the other.

"Are you guys really want to battle us or something?" I smirked "Remember, I'm the strongest trainer in school"

"Yeah well, that's what makes it exciting!" May smirked.

"You're going down!" Brendan hyped up.

"I would like to see how Rosa battles, so I'm hoping to battle her" Calem smiled.

"As do I" Dawn giggled.

"The both of you hold a mystery of who will win against the other" Barry said, walking to stand behind me "but I rather battle with the others. At least I stand a chance" he laughed "I'm not quite ready for your level, especially since I only have one Pokémon"

"Same here" Lucas walked behind him. So on the other side of the line I stood in, there was Dawn, May, Brendon, Calem, Serena, and Hugh while on my side it was Me, Barry, Lucas, and Rosa. It's not an even number, but who knows who I'll end up battling.

"Ready?" I asked Rosa. She nodded happily and looked at her bag, seeing it shaking "Is your egg..?" She gasped and kneeled down to set it on the floor. Before anyone got the chance to pick out a number, we all turned to witness it hatching.

"Well, not the kind of excitement I was expecting" Cheren walked over with the others.

"Looks like it's hatching sooner than expected!" Hilda smiled.

"So exciting! What a day it's starting out to be!" Bianca cheered.

"You gave her the egg you were gifted from the studio?" Hilbert whispered to Hilda. I looked at her smiling softly.

"I don't have time for more Pokémon to add into my party. Rosa needs it more than I do" I turned to Rosa becoming anxious next to Zorua, waiting for the egg to hatch. Soon enough, there was a glow. That glow became solid after flashing for a moment and formed into a shape.