E I G H T ∘ Fragile

POV: BELLA MIKAELSON (BELLA VINCENT)
Tuesday, October 31 2017
(flashback of Monday, November 16 1891)

A painful nudge woke me up, and I was disoriented. I felt weight under me shift and barely opened my eyes enough to see my husband.

"Hey, you," I croaked.

"Good morning, love," he replied. "Sleep well?"

"Very well." The heat from the bonfire was soothing, but it was dying down.

"How's our little one?" Klaus smiled, swiping a large hand across my swollen belly.

"He's good." I chuckled, then groaned. "I guess he's just waking up, too."

I snuggled back into Klaus's arm, struggling to get comfortable again. Suddenly, the tiny boy within me stretched outward. I held in a scream.

Liquid poured out of me, and I expected to see water when I lifted the blanket. It was blood.

"Klaus!"

He ran toward the house with me in his arms, calling out for his siblings. His eldest brother and sister, Elijah and Freya, and his younger brother and sister, Kol and Rebekah, ran down the stairs as fast as their vampiric abilities allowed them to.

"Nik, where do you want us?" Rebekah asked.

Klaus laid me on the far end of the couch, where it had the most room.

"Niklaus, she's human. We should go to the hospital." Kol wasn't as panicked as the rest of us.

"She's not human, Kol."

"More than anything else, she is." He rolled his eyes.

I grabbed Klaus's arm, siphoning some of his hybrid blood so I could burst Kol's blood vessels, making him scream in agony. "Tell that to your multiple aneurysms," I growled at him.

"I love you more and more every day," Klaus laughed, clearly trying to calm me. I could tell it was forced. Before I could reply, another wave of pain came over me.

"Get him out! Now!" I think I yelled.

I felt the need to push, but I didn't think my body was doing what I told it to.

Their rushed voices were fading. I tried to just pay attention to Klaus'. My consciousness was slipping, so it seemed like it was happening faster than it was.

The pressure was at its worst, then it disappeared.

"Isabella? Bella, love, can you hear me?" His sweet voice made me feel safe. I opened my eyes.

There he was. My baby. Our baby. Klaus held him on my chest, still supporting his weight.

Rebekah was crying. "He's beautiful."

"What's his name?" Freya asked.

"Evan." We said at the same time.

I looked into my husband's eyes. We never even talked about that. He knew how much my brother meant to me. Losing him was the worst feeling I'd ever known. Klaus kissed my forehead.

The tiny face of Evan Swan Mikaelson was the last thing I remember before I blacked out.

I saw nothing, I felt nothing... but I heard everything—accented voices overlapping each other.

"What happened?!" I heard Elijah.

"I don't know! She was fine!" Rebekah I think?

"Maybe she went into shock."