Chapter 33

Sunlight gleams through the window as I blink the sleep out of my eyes. I lift my head slightly and recognize the decor around me to be Hayes' room. He stirs momentarily, and I look down at his sleepy state. His long eyelashes fan over his smooth cheeks, and his bottom lip juts out as he snores lightly. I ease out of Hayes' arms without waking him up and feel a twinge of soreness as I slide off the bed. 

As I stand, I pick his shirt up off the ground. I turn back around to see him reaching out for me but still asleep. I grab a nearby pillow and tuck it in his arms. He hugs it close to him while he nuzzles his face into the soft material. I smile at him and carefully walk into the bathroom connected to his room. I shut the door quietly behind me and notice all of the hickeys and love bites covering my chest and shoulders. My fingers run over each one as I think of the night Hayes and I had together. I go to slide his shirt over my head, but I notice the same purple mark on both of my hips and thighs.

As I've gotten older, I've noticed how my naturally wide hips have attained more curves as well as my thighs. A while ago, I noticed slight stretch marks on my thighs, and I try to cover them up because of this. My heart warms when I see a hickey on both thighs, exactly over the white marks.

My phone lights up with a notification, and I take notice of the date. Saturday, June 8. It's Hayes' birthday.

I finally slip his shirt over my head and go to the bathroom. After I wash my hands and run my fingers through my tangled hair, I slowly turn the knob and emerge from the bathroom. I notice Hayes sitting up against the headboard and scrolling on his phone. Once he looks up, he gives a slow sensual smile. I notice that he's already changed into a pair of basketball shorts as he stands and walks over to me. He kisses my nose gently.

"Good morning, princess," he says.

I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. "Good morning, birthday boy."

His cheeks and the tips of his ears tent a light shade of pink as he slithers his arms around my waist.

"Thank you, baby," he says.

"Do you feel 19 yet?" I ask, looking at the faint stubble on his jaw.

He smirks and nuzzles into my neck. "In more ways than one."

I bite my lip as I blush beet red. Memories of our long, passionate night flash through my mind as he peppers my neck with kisses.

"I love seeing you wear my clothes. It makes me want to tear this shirt off you and bring you back to bed," he says as he slowly walks us back toward his bed.

"Hayes," I warn him. "Your family will be home soon. I have to get back to my house," I say, backing away from him.

He groans and falls back on his bed. I chuckle at him.

"I'll come back later, okay?" I say.

He sits up slowly and pouts like a literal child. "Okay," he responds quietly.

I begin to pack my things into my overnight bag and change into a pair of shorts that are just able to cover up the hickeys on my upper thighs. I toss Hayes' shirt at him as he continues to watch my every move. I slip on my bra and the t-shirt I brought.

Before I left my house last night, I told my parents I was spending the night with Rebekah. She's been on vacation with her family in Pensacola for a week. I told my mom and dad that she came home yesterday, and we were going to talk about the trip. Only she's actually coming home this afternoon, but my parents don't know that.

Once I have all of my stuff together, Hayes and I walk downstairs and out to my car.

"Text me when your family gets home, and I'll come back over here," I say, tossing my bag in the passenger seat.