Ch. 2: Old Friends

Peter woke up to Morgan jumping onto him.

"Hey Morgan," Peter said groggily.

"Mommy told me not to wake you up, but you've been asleep since my nap yesterday. It's breakfast time." Morgan said.

Peter smiled. "Okay." He got up and realized he was still in his Spider-Man suit. He decided that he would change after breakfast when he went and unpacked his belongings.

Morgan grabbed Peter's hand and brought him over to the table, having him sit by her. Pepper brought over their plates.

"Good morning Peter." She said.

"Good morning." He replied.

They had eggs, bacon, and toast for breakfast.

"I'm going to go up to my room and unpack my stuff." Peter told Morgan after they had finished eating.

"Can I help?" Morgan asked.

"Sure."

"Carry me!" Morgan said, lifting her arms up. Peter picked her up and she held onto his neck. He carried her up to his room and set her down on the bed. He began to unpack all his belongings, putting his suits in the closet. He changed out of the suit he was currently wearing and put it in the closet with the other two suits.

As he was unpacking his clothes, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" Peter shouted, and Happy opened the door. "Hey Happy!"

"Hey Pete. Since you couldn't bring your phone or laptop, we got you these." He showed Peter a new phone and a new laptop. "They are completely untraceable by any device."

"Stark tech?" Peter asked.

"Yup." Happy replied. He gave Peter the devices and left the room.

Peter set his new laptop and phone up and put in MJ and Ned's numbers, each texting them that he couldn't say where he was. He then logged into his laptop and signed into his email to discover a new email.

"Huh, no one ever sends emails anymore." Peter said.

"What's an email?" Morgan asked from Peter's bed, looking up from her tablet.

"It's like a letter but for the computer." Peter told Morgan. She nodded and went back to her game.

Peter opened the email and read it.

From: harryosborn@gmail.com

Hey Pete, it's Harry. I don't know if you even remember me, I know it's been forever. Anyways, I saw the news. I just, I don't know, I am curious if it's true or not. My dad doesn't think it is, and if you have been framed, he can help clear your name. Anyways, hope you're doing good.

-Harry

Peter went to reply to the email immediately.

Hi Harry! Thanks for reaching out to me, it hasn't really been the best couple of weeks. I did not cause the attack in London or murder Mysterio. He was using this type of hologram technology, and all the elementals were fake. He wanted to stop an 'Avengers' level threat so that he could become the next Iron Man. I don't know when he had the time to frame me, but all I do know is that the whole world thinks I'm a murderer and all my enemies know who I am. I'd love to catch up sometime soon. Thanks again for checking in on me.

-Peter

Peter sent the message and then went downstairs, Morgan following behind him. Happy, May, and Pepper were all sitting at the table.

"Guys, I think I might know how to clear my name." Peter said.

"How?" May asked.

"You remember Harry? From my kindergarten class? He switched to private school halfway through first grade."

"Oh Harry! I remember him, he was such a nice kid, you two used to hang out all the time!" May said.

"Yeah, well anyways, I got an email from him. His dad runs Oscorp, the company that moved into Avengers Tower. He said that his dad doesn't believe that I murdered Mysterio and that he can help clear my name." Peter told the adults.

"Well then let's do it." Pepper said.

"Wait, we don't even know who this guy is. Norman Osborn sells weaponry, what if he's just trying to turn Peter in?" Happy asked.

"I know Harry, he would never let his dad do something like that." May said.

"Okay then, did you respond?" Happy asked.

"Yes, I just told him what actually happened." Peter said.

"I'll take you to Oscorp, and we can go and talk to him." Happy said.

"Won't people recognize me?"

"Like that, yes. But, we'll just have you wear some of Tony's old clothes, mess your hair up, wear sunglasses." Happy said.

"So basically you're going to make me look like- like Mr. Stark?" Peter asked.

"Yes."

Happy dressed Peter into Tony's old clothes and had him put the Edith glasses on and a baseball hat.

"Why are the pants so tight?" Peter asked.

"Tony always would wear his pants tight." Pepper said.

"Why?"

"Don't ask me." Pepper said.

"Let's go."

Happy and Peter got into the car and drove to Oscorp. When they parked, Peter was hesitant to get out of the car.

"Someone's going to notice me." Peter said.

"Do you have your web shooters?" Happy asked.

"Yeah."

"Then you'll be fine, just keep your head down. Come on."

Peter follwed Happy with his head down and they walked into Oscorp. They went up to the front desk.

"Hi, we're here to speak to Norman Osborn." Happy said.

"Do you have an appointment?" The receptionist asked.

"Well, no-" Happy began before he was cut off by a young man.

"They're with me Felicia."

"Okay, you may proceed."

The young man turned to face Peter and Happy.

"Hey Pete." He said.

Peter looked up. "Hiya Harry."

Harry smiled. "Follow me. I'll bring you to my dad."

Peter and Happy followed Harry, Peter still keeping his head down. They got on the elevator and went to the level where Tony used to hold all of the Avenger parties.

They followed Harry off the elevator and saw Norman Osborn on the phone.

"Hey dad," Harry began.

"Not now, Harry." Norman cut him off.

Harry rolled his eyes and walked up to his dad, grabbed the phone and hung it up.

"Harry!" Norman said. "That was a very important call!"

"I've got someone for you to meet." Harry said.

Norman looked and saw Peter, who now took off his hat and glasses.

"Peter Parker." He said with a smile. "So great to finally meet you."

"It's great to meet you too." Peter said, shaking Norman's hand. "This is Happy, he's a friend."

"Bodyguard." Happy said, shaking Norman's hand and Peter smiled.

"I think we have some talking to do." Norman said, motioning for Peter to sit down.

...