Ch. 22: Moving Forward

Peter sat with Morgan on his lap and MJ next to him. He read aloud a book that Morgan had brought him, Morgan listening intently. "Should we tell her about it? Now what should we do? Well... what would you do if your mother asked you." Peter said, closing the book.

"That was a funny story." Morgan said.

Peter laughed. "It was."

"I wanna go outside."

"Okay, we can do that." Peter said. Him, MJ, and Morgan got up and went outside. Peter and MJ pushed Morgan on the swing, her giggling.

Peter noticed Jessica approach and walked over to her as MJ continued to push Morgan on the swing.

"Hey Jess. What's going on?" Peter asked.

"Just thought I'd stop by to say goodbye." Jessica said.

"You're leaving?"

"I have to get back to SWORD." Jessica answered. "Unfortunately, I have other jobs to take care of."

"Well, I'll miss having you around." Peter said. "Thank you again, for everything."

"It was no problem." Jessica said.

"Actually, it kinda was. It could've got you killed."

Jessica laughed. "Well, it wouldn't be the first time."

Peter smiled. "Bye Jess." He said, giving Jessica a hug.

"Bye Pete." The two broke the hug and Jessica smiled. "I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again."

"I'm counting on it." Peter said as Jessica walked away.

Peter walked back over to the swing and helped MJ push Morgan. "Was something up?" MJ asked.

"No, she's going back to her work."

MJ nodded. "It's so weird to think about everything that happened. First, half the universe disappeared for five years and then Mysterio attacked our summer. You were framed, then you weren't, Harry owns Oscorp and the whole world knows your identity."

Peter laughed. "It is crazy to think about everything. But, I think it all turned out pretty well." Peter smiled at MJ, who smiled back. The two continued to push Morgan on the swing.

...

Peter was in his room and put on his mask, climbing out the window for his rounds. Even though everyone knew who he was, the mask still made him feel safer. He came upon the city and swung through the streets, watching out for crime and posing for the people taking pictures. Peter knew that the threats weren't over, that they would still come, but for now, everything was good.