Ch. 11: Stories

"So, I basically just need to continue doing what I've been doing but tell you everything my dad has said?" Harry asked Jessica as they were walking out of Norman's office.

"Yes, that and-"

"Harry!" Norman's voice cut Jessica off. Harry's eyes widened and he looked over at Jessica to see her missing, and he began looking around, wondering where she had gone. "What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. I just heard someone drop a pile of papers and was looking for all of them." Harry said.

"Okay. Anyways, Toomes and Gargon aren't able to figure out where Parker is staying. You're friends with him, and he trusts you."

"So you want me to figure out where Peter has been staying?"

"Yes." Norman said. "Once we figure that out, we can bring justice once and for all."

"Okay. I will." Harry told his dad. He walked into the elevator and sighed as the door closed.

"You need to meet up with Peter." Jessica said.

"Oh my gosh!" Harry jumped at seeing Jessica right next to him.

"Get used to it." Jessica said. "You still need to talk to Peter and do what your dad says."

"Do I really need to tell him where Pete's been staying?" Harry asked.

"Not sure, give me a bit to figure that part out." Jessica said. "But you can't start slacking on your dad's work he gives you or else he'll suspect something."

"Okay." Harry said.

"Well, I better be going. I got some more work to do." Jessica said.

...

Peter walked into the Stark cabin and collapsed on the couch, putting his hands over his face.

"What's wrong?" Morgan asked Peter from the stairs.

"I'm just tired." Peter said. "This whole entire situation is exhausting and I don't know what to do about it anymore."

"You can go in the garage." Morgan said.

"Huh?" Peter asked.

"Daddy would always go in the garage when he got stressed." Morgan said, getting up. "I'll go with you."

Morgan took Peter's hand and brought him into the garage. All of Tony's old machines and tools were scattered all over the place, and you could tell that nothing had been moved since the last time Tony was in there.

Peter looked around and took a deep breath. "What would your dad do when he was in the garage?" Peter asked, his voice cracking.

"Make things." Morgan said, picking up the helmet to Pepper's Iron Man suit.

"What do you want to make?" Peter asked.

Morgan thought for a moment, then put her hand out. "A blaster!"

"Maybe something that won't hurt anybody." Peter said.

"Awe." Morgan frowned. "I don't know."

"What if we played instead of building something?" Peter asked, eager to get out of the garage.

"Okay, but first juice pops."

...

"Morgan, it's almost bed time!" Pepper shouted out the door. Peter was pushing Morgan on the swing.

"But I wanna play some more."

"We have to listen to your mom." Peter said. "Come on."

Peter brought Morgan up to her room and helped her get ready for bed. He tucked her in and she smiled.

"Can you tell me a story?" Morgan asked.

"Yeah, um... once upon a time there was a unicorn..."

"Not that story." Morgan giggled. "My favorite story."

"I don't know what your favorite story is." Peter said.

"Then go find it out." Morgan said.
Peter sighed and got up, walking downstairs to where Pepper was in the kitchen.

"Hey Pepper, what's Morgan's favorite story?"

Pepper smiled. "Once upon a time, Morguna went to bed. The end."

"That's her favorite story?"

"Tony would tell her that whenever she asked for a story, and she'd tell him how horrible it was and he would say he thought it was her favorite."

"So now it is her favorite?"

"Yup."

Peter walked back up the stairs to Morgan's bed.

"Did you figure it out?" She asked.

"Yep. Once upon a time, Morguna went to bed. The end."

Morgan smiled. "Thank you. I love you 3000."

"Well I love you 3001." Peter said while tapping her nose. "Goodnight Morgan."

"Goodnight."

...