Ch. 4: Catching Up

The next few days went by with not much happening. All that did happen was Peter playing with Morgan, Jessica keeping watch, and Peter texing Harry, Ned, and MJ.

"May, I'll be back soon!"Peter said, opening the door.

"Where are you going?" Jessica asked, leaning against the door frame.

"To Harry's place. He invited me over."

"Okay, well I'm coming, too." Jessica said. "I don't trust the Osborns, might as well see if the son is any better than Norman."

"You can't come. That would be weird. What would I tell Harry?" Peter asked.

"Tell him that I'm your cousin." Jessica said, walking out the door. "Come on!"

"Ugh," Peter said, rolling his eyes.

They pulled into Harry's house and Peter stared in awe. They went up to the door and knocked.

"Hey Pete!" Harry said, opening the door.

"Hiya Harry," Peter said.

"You must be Peter's girlfriend." Harry said to Jessica.

"Girlfriend!? I'm his cousin you idiot!" Jessica snapped.

"Oh, okay..." Harry said.

"Sorry, her parents are on a work trip and need to stay with May and I. May's at work right now and her parents don't like her without supervision, they're super strict. Sorry I didn't give you a heads up." Peter said.

"Oh it's all cool." Harry said. They went and sat on his couch. "So, how have you been? Other than the whole being framed thing."

"Great. I got A's in all my classes, got a girlfriend, and yeah." Peter said. "What about you?"

"Gosh, don't even get me started." Harry said. "Dad keeps on sending me to private schools, although I always get expelled. He's having trouble finding one that will take me next year."

"Why don't you just come to Midtown? That's where I go, well, at least used to. I'm not sure if I can go if I'm still framed." Peter said.

"Yeah. Private school sucks. Actually, just school in general sucks." Harry laughed. "So how did you get into the whole superhero thing?"

"Well, I got bit by a spider, made a suit that is kinda lame compared to the ones I have now. Anyways, Mr. Stark found out about me and recruited me to help him fight Captain America in Germany. He gave me an awesome suit, then I defeated this Vulture guy. Then I went to space to fight Thanos and came back five years later to fight him again, and well, yeah." Peter said.

"I'm sorry about Tony." Harry said. "He must've meant a lot to you."

"He did." Peter said.

"So, Harry. I know your dad makes weapons and sells them, but can you tell me a bit more about his job?" Jessica asked.

"Well, sure. He's been making weapons that he sells to the military and stuff, and he's also a scientist. He's been working on new tech and things that everyone can buy. He started a new internship program as well I believe. I think he's gotten a few signups." Harry said.

"And how is he going to help Peter?"

"Well, he's been working with a lawyer I think. He's always talking to people on the phone, and I think he might be doing a press conference to speak about it."

"Okay..." Jessica said.

Harry and Peter continued to talk for the next few hours, Jessica piping in here and there.

"It was great catching up Harry." Peter said.

"Yeah, we should hang out sometime again." Harry said.

"Yeah, for sure. See you later Harry."

"Bye Pete."

"So do you trust him now?" Peter asked Jessica as they were getting in the car.

"I won't go as far to say that I trust him, but he doesn't seem to be a problem." Jessica said. "I'd still be careful about Norman though."

"What have you got against Norman?" Peter asked, annoyed.

"It's more so his company than him, but he's in charge of the company so the blame falls on him."

"Oh my gosh." Peter muttered, rolling his eyes.

They got back to the cabin and went inside, Peter telling May how Harry was doing.

"Hey Peter, this is Dmitri. You remember him, right?" Happy asked Peter.

"Yeah, nice to see you." Peter said.

"I have something to tell you." Dmitri told Peter.

"Okay," Peter follwed Dmitri away from everyone else.

"That girl," Dmitri pointed to Jessica. "Don't trust her."

"Why?" Peter asked. "Doesn't she work with you?"

"Just don't trust her. Believe me."

"Okay." Peter said.

"I have to go, I just needed to tell you." Dmitri said. "Good luck Peter."

"Thanks." Dmitri left and Happy came over to Peter.

"What was that all about?"

"He told me not to trust Jessica." Peter said.

"I'm gonna be completely honest, it is pretty weird that she just showed up out of no where." Happy said.

"You're right." Peter said. He walked over to Jessica. "Hey, can I talk to you outside?"

"Sure." She said, following Peter outside.

Peter took a deep breath. "I don't want you to be upset, but I don't really trust you."

"You have no reason to trust me." Jessica said. "You know nothing about me. You don't know my history, my background, so you're right to not want to trust me."

"Are you basically revealing that you're the bad guy?" Peter asked.

"No, I'm just saying that I can't make you trust me. You need to take a leap of faith."

"I can't. I'm sorry, but I'm going to need you to leave." Peter said.

"Okay. Just listen to me, Peter. When everything starts to go downhill and you realize that Norman and everyone else you know aren't who they say they are, don't say I didn't warn you." Jessica walked away.

"At least I've got that off my mind." Peter said to himself, walking back inside.

...