Ch. 16: Unexpected Ally

"We need to expose Norman. That's the only way." Pepper said. Jessica slowly nodded.

"I took photos from when I was in Norman's lab, I can take them to a News company and have them give out the information."

"Okay, thank you Jessica. Maybe do this without Peter, I think he needs a bit of time alone." Pepper said.

Jessica nodded and left the house, calling Harry while she was walking.

"Hey Jess, what's up?" Harry answered.

"I need you to meet me outside the Daily Bugle. Something's come up."

"Okay, I'm on my way." Harry said. He got up from his chair and quickly grabbed his coat, walking out the door.

...

Harry walked up to Jessica, who was standing outside the Daily Bugle.

"Okay, so what's going on?"

Jessica took a deep breath. "We need to expose your dad as the Green Goblin. It's the only way to clear Peter's name and save Morgan."

"Morgan? What does Stark's daughter have to do with this?" Harry asked.

"Your dad kidnapped her."

"What!?" Harry shouted. "Are you sure it was him?!"

"Happy described it as a goblin, I'm not sure who else it could have been." Jessica said. "And after what I heard in his office, I really wouldn't be surprised."

Harry sighed. "Okay. Does Pete know?"

"He knows your dad is the Green Goblin, he doesn't know that you know." Jessica said. "When he asked if you knew, he was already in so much pain. I couldn't tell him you knew. He was already feeling betrayed."

"I understand that." Harry said, then looked at the Daily Bugle sign. "Why are we exposing my dad on the most controversial news site?"

"The Daily Bugle is where Peter was first exposed, I only thought it fitting that it's where we expose the truth."

"Good point." Harry said.

He pair walked into the Daily Bugle and stopped at the front desk.

"Hi, may I help you?" The desk clerk asked the two.

"Yes, we have a story we would like to submit." Jessica answered. "May we talk to Mr. Jameson?"

"Sorry, he's not taking any meetings right now."

"The story has to do with Spider-Man." Harry butt in. The desk clerk looked at him.

"It'll be just a moment." She got up and went into the back room.

Jessica and Harry stood, waiting for the desk clerk to come back. When she did, she waved for the two. "Follow me."

Harry and Jessica followed the lady as she led them into J. Jonah Jameson's office. They sat down at the two chairs as JJ looked over the two.

"You two got a story about Spider-Man?" He asked, intrigued.

"Yes, we do. This will sound far fetched, but we promise that every word is true." Jessica began. "Spider-Man didn't cause the attack on London. It was Mysterio. If you've followed any of Norman Osborn's work, you will be able to see that Peter has witnesses to prove it. Also, he didn't kill Mysterio. Quentin Beck is still alive, in hiding. Him and five other supervillains are working together to try and destroy Spider-Man, as they want to take Tony Stark's technology from him. Along with Beck, the team is made up of Adrian Toomes, Felicia Hardy, Mac Gargon, Dmitri Anatoly Nicolayevich Smerdyakov," Jessica paused and looked at Harry, who nodded, "and Norman Osborn."

JJ stood up from his desk and paced the room. "You're meaning time tell me that Norman Osborn, successful businessman, who's trying to help clear Spider-Man's name, is secretly plotting to destroy him?"

"Yes." Harry answered. "My dad is full of lies. He's using Peter to manipulate him. After everything Pete's gone through, he has major trust issues. My dad took advantage of that."

"I have photographic proof of Norman's office. He's creating an enhancer and weapons. Before we knew his identity, we called him the Green Goblin." Jessica said. She showed JJ the photos.

"For all I know, these could have been photoshopped. Have you any other proof?"

"I have pictures of each of the other villains, all except Beck. Neither of us have seen him yet, but Peter has and I've heard Norman speak of him."

JJ looked at Jessica with his eyebrows raised. "Have you been breaking into Oscorp to steal this information?"

"I have clearance." Jessica stated. "Plus, it's kinda my job.

"Hmm." JJ hummed as he took a closer look at the photos. "You guys want me to publish this story so that Spider-Man's name can be cleared?"

"That, and we have a bigger problem." Harry said. "My dad, he's kidnapped Tony Stark's daughter."

"Well, that is a problem, and a great story." JJ said. "The rest of it, I don't know. People believe that Spider-Man is a villain, a menace."

"But it's all lies." Jessica said.

"True, but the fear the people have is real."

"You have the opportunity to quench that fear. Mr. Jameson, please help us. Peter is in such a tough place, he really needs this. He would never try to hurt anyone." Harry said.

JJ stayed quiet before sighing. "Fine. I'll report your story."

"Thank you, sir." Jessica said. "We should probably get going."

"Yes, thank you again, Mr. Jameson." Harry said as him and Jessica left the room.

JJ stood in his office and muttered to himself, "Great, now I'm helping Spider-Man. After all I've done to show his true means..."

...