Ch. 14: Calls

"Hey May." Peter said, walking into the Stark Cabin.

"Peter, can you get the meat started?" May asked while chopping vegetables.

"Yes." Peter went over to the kitchen and started to cook the meat when Pepper came down the stairs, talking on the phone.

"Okay- do you need it now?- okay, I'll be there as soon as I can- uh huh- okay goodbye." Pepper put down her phone and sighed heavily. "Can you guys keep an eye on Morgan? I have to go into Stark Industries to sign some papers, apparently it can't wait for tomorrow."

"Of course, we'll keep an eye on her." May said as Pepper began putting on her coat.

"Thank you guys so much." Pepper replied, walking out the door.

"How was hanging out with Harry?" May asked Peter as they cooked.

"It was good, you know it was nice to forget about things for a while." Peter replied.

"Good." May said with a smile. "What did you guys talk about?"

"A lot of stuff. I told him about how you returned from the blip." May laughed and Peter continued. "Apparently he was dating this girl before the blip, but when he got back he found out she hadn't blipped and that she was engaged."

"Wow, that is definitely tough." May chuckled. "Sure is interesting how everything turned out. Never in a million years did I think that half the universe could disappear for five years."

"Yeah, me neither." Peter replied.

May's phone began ringing, and she answered it, holding the phone with her head against her shoulder while she continued cooking.

"Hello- Right now?- Um, okay, I'll be there in a few. Bye." May hung up and looked at Peter with an exasperated face. "They need me to go into the office."

"That's okay, I can finish dinner. You go." Peter said.

"Thanks." May said as she left the house.

Peter continued cooking and watched Flash's Instagram live while doing so, laughing at his fellow classmate.

"I just don't understand how someone as amazing as Spider-Man can be someone as dumb as Peter. Like, I know what the Mysterio guy on the news said, and I have no doubt that Peter would do something that shady, but Spider-Man? That man must have been wrong, I refuse to believe that Peter is Spider-Man, no matter what anybody says." Flash continued his rant, and Peter turned off his phone when Morgan came skipping down the stairs.

"Do you know where mommy is?"

"Your mom had to go do something at her work." Peter replied.

"Okay." Morgan went over to the table and grabbed a chair, pushing it next to Peter at the counter. "What are you making?"

"Tacos." Peter said.

"Can I help you?"

Peter smiled and handed Morgan a spoon. "Yup. Can you mix this up?"

Morgan nodded and began mixing while Peter finished chopping vegetables.

"Peter?" Morgan said.

"Hmm," Peter hummed.

"When can I meet the pretty girl you have pictures of?"

"MJ?" Peter asked.

"Yeah."

"Um... probably once I get a few more things sorted out. Then you can meet her."

"Yay!" Morgan said. "All done." She handed Peter the spoon.

Peter took the spoon from Morgan and set everything for the tacos out. He made him and Morgan each a taco and they sat at the table to eat.

As they were eating, Happy walked into the cabin. "Hey Peter, is your aunt here?"

"No, she's at work." Peter said with a mouthful of food. "Do you want some tacos?"

"Sure." Happy said, making himself a taco.

Peter continued eating when his phone buzzed. He looked at it to see a bunch of incoming messages from Ned and MJ.

MJ: Peter, get over to Ned's house now. We need your help.

Ned: Yeah, it's an emergency!

MJ: Please hurry, I can't say much but

Ned: PETER GET HERE NOW!! MJ IS IN TROU-

Peter quickly jumped up from his chair and looked at Happy. "Happy, MJ and Ned are in trouble. Can you watch Morgan while I go and help them?"

"Yes, Peter. Now go!"

Peter quickly ran up to his room and grabbed his nanotech Iron Spider suit and climbed out the window, web slinging to Ned's house. He got there and immediately opened the window, falling in.

"Ned what's wrong!? Where's MJ!?" Peter yelled.

Ned took off his headset and looked up at Peter. He was sitting at his computer, playing video games. "Peter, what are you doing here? And what are you talking about?"

"What do you mean? You texted me that you were in trouble."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you and MJ texted the group chat saying that you were in trouble." Peter pulled out his phone and showed Ned the messages.

Ned looked confused. "That's weird. I never sent that. See?" Ned pulled out his own phone and showed Peter the same chat, except without the messages Peter had received.

"What!? Hold on, let me call MJ." Peter dialed MJ's number and waited impatiently for her to answer.

"Hello?" MJ said through the phone.

"MJ are you okay?" Peter asked.

"Yeah... why?"

"Did you send me any texts within the past hour?" Peter asked, ignoring her previous question.

"No- I've been reading. Peter, is something wrong?"

Peter pauses, highly confused on the current situation. "No, everything is fine. It must've just been a prank call." Peter said. "Anyways I guess I'll see you later."

"Okay, bye Peter."

"Bye." Peter hung up and looked at Ned. "I'm really confused."

"Did someone hack your phone or something?" Ned asked.

"No, no one knows-" Peter's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh no! Ned I have to go!"

"Okay... Peter what's-" Ned began, sighing after realizing that Peter was already gone.

Peter swung as quickly as he could to get back to the cabin and sprinted into the house the minute he got there.

"Happy!? Morgan!?" Peter yelled.

"Peter-" Happy said in a raspy voice.

Peter followed his voice and found Happy against the couch, all bloody and bruised. "Happy, what happened!?"

Happy looked at Peter with a pained look in his eyes and muttered the words, "They got Morgan."

...