Ch. 10: A Shocking Discovery

Jessica met Gwen at the same coffee shop they had talked at the day before.

"Put this on." Jessica said, handing Gwen an earpiece. "In case I need your help."

"Okay." Gwen said, putting the earpiece on. "So, what exactly is the plan?"

"Just go along your usual routine, I'll tell you if I need help." Jessica said.

"Okay." Gwen went inside the building and began her work.

Jessica snuck through the doors and into the elevator with Gwen.

"How are you going to use the elevator without getting caught?" Gwen asked.

"I got this." Jessica deactivated her suit to show jeans and a lab coat with a Oscorp name tag on.

"Jessie Spears." Gwen read. "Wow, what a great disguise."

"It will work." Jessica said, putting a pair of glasses on.

Gwen got off at the third floor as Jessica continued up to the top. She would have to get off and change elevators due to clearence.

She got to the second elevator and put her finger on the scanner. She then went inside, continuing up to the 93rd floor.

When the elevator stopped, Jessica got up and looked around. Unlike all the other floors, this floor had no activity. There was no one in sight.

Jessica looked around, reading all the names to the rooms. She came upon a series of offices.

"Dr. Otto Octavius, Dr. Curt Connors," Jessica read, going along the line of offices. "Norman Osborn!" She exclaimed when coming to the door with Norman's name on it.

Jessica was about to unlock the door when she heard voices heading for the door from the other side. She quickly jumped up to the ceiling and waited.

"Adrian went to his location. He's staying at the Stark cabin with his aunt, along with Pepper Potts and Starks daughter." Mac told Norman. "I figured out a lot about his girlfriend as well."

"Good." Norman said. "Soon, our plan will be in motion."

The two men exited the office and walked towards the elevator. Jessica quickly slipped into the office before the door closed.

Jessica took a look around. There were many incomplete machines, blueprints, and a giant gas chamber in the center of the room.

Jessica continued over to the gas chamber when she heard voice.

"How did you get in here!?" Jessica turned to see Harry, standing in the back of the office.

"Harry, what the heck is going on?" Jessica asked.

"I'm calling my dad." Harry said, grabbing his phone. Jessica blasted him and began to tie him up.

"No you aren't." Jessica said. "Harry, you better explain yourself. Your dad is the Green Goblin. What is he planning?"

Harry sighed. "Fine, he is. He's trying to steal the Stark technology. But as Quentin has told us, he'll never be able to get it without Peter interfering. That's why he's getting rid of him."

"And you're in on this?" Jessica asked. Hardy nodded. "I thought you two were friends! What happened?"

"My dad told me that this was for the best, that Peter did cause the attack on London, and Mysterio escaped. He told me that Pete was the bad guy and by pretending to help him, we could bring justice to the world. I've been trying to find out if what he said was true or not."

"I'll tell you right now, it's not." Jessica said. "Harry, Peter needs your help. Ever since Tony Stark died, he's tried to put his trust in people but always finds them turning their back on him. He's going through so much, he doesn't need an ally, he needs a friend."

"I know." Harry sighed. "I just don't think I can face my dad."

"You don't have to." Jessica smiled. "Have you ever been a spy?"

"No."

"Well, looks like you're about to become one. Say hello to the life of a double agent."

...