Ch. 7: False Identities

Peter struggled to get away from Black Cat, but it was no use.

"Good afternoon officers. I seem to have caught someone trying to rob me." Black Cat told the police, turning over Peter.

"Oh my gosh," the officer said. He picked up his walkie-talkie. "Captain Stacy! We need you up front!"

Soon, Captain Stacy came out to greet Peter and Black Cat.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Spider-Man." Captain Stacy said. "You're going to pay for your crimes."

"But I haven't done anything!" Peter said. "What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty!?"

"I'm sorry, but was the video of you sending an attack on London not enough proof?" Captain Stacy asked. "Put him in the back, and make sure to take his suit!"

The officers took Peter to the back and threw him in a cell after they had him change out of his suit. He sat on the bench, watching the guard. He always had his eye on Peter.

"Don't I get a call?" Peter asked.

"You're a very wanted criminal." The guard said. "They're probably going to charge you a death sentence."

Peter leaned his head against the wall. How much worse could life get?

...

"Mom, when's Peter going to get back?" Morgan asked Pepper.

"I'm not sure sweetie. I'd think soon." Pepper replied to her daughter, continuing to make dinner.

"Ugh." Morgan went over and plopped face down on the couch as she heard a knock on the door. She got up and opened it to find a familiar face staring back at her.

"Jessica!" Morgan shouted.

"Hi Morgan." Jessica said with a smile. "Can I please talk to your mom?"

"Yup! She's in the kitchen! Here, I'll show you!" Morgan grabbed Jessica's hand and led her to Pepper. "Mom!" Morgan shouted. "You have a visitor!"

Pepper turned around and was stunned to see Jessica. "Oh, hi!" Pepper said with a forced smile. "What brings you here?"

"Peter's in jail." Jessica replied.

"Wait, what!?" May shouted as she came down the stairs.

"Oh my gosh, what happened?" Pepper asked.

"Well, first he went into a burning building. He never came out. Then, a few hours later some girl with white hair and a black suit turned him over to the police." Jessica said.

"Oh gosh." May said, sitting down.

"What are we going to do?" Pepper asked.

"Well, I hate to say it, but I think I've got to go and talk to Norman Osborn." Jessica said. "I'll keep you guys updated."

"Wait!" Pepper said. "Peter said that he told you he didn't trust you. Why are you still helping?"

"It's my job." Jessica said, leaving the lake house.

...

"Dad, Peter's not answering his phone." Harry said. "Do you think he's okay?"

"He's probably fine Harry, you're worrying for nothing." Norman said.

"Norman Osborn, we need to talk." Jessica said, walking out of the elevator. Felicia ran behind her.

"I'm sorry, sir. I tried to stop her but she just came up here and-"

"It's okay Felicia, I've got this." Norman said. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at Jessica. "What the heck do you want?"

"I've come to discuss Peter Parker." Jessica said. She went over to Norman and grabbed the gun right from his hand. "This thing isn't even loaded. What were you going to do? Burst my ear drums?"