Chapter 3: New Beginnings

A few weeks have passed since Matteo helped me get out of Nassau. I haven't spoken a single word to Easton, I left our home and have been living at the Ritz Carlton Residences; not a text or a call. I gave Chanel a two weeks notice to find other accommodations for employment.

I've been doing a lot of work from my new home as I didn't want to face the world. Some news media have started speculating as they've caught on that I've been spending all my time here, and me and Easton haven't been seen together since before we went on our vacation. I had not one thought in my mind that Easton was cheating on me, let alone with my best friend of twenty years. Chanel and I have been friends since we were children so this cut quite deep.

One thing that should've been my first clue, was finding that used condom in that dresser in his office. We had always been honest with each other but I guess I was a fool in this game. As crazy as it sounds, Matteo has been helping a lot here and there while he finalizes his contracts with Easton's company. I know what you may be thinking, but no we are not sleeping together. He's the only person who's been here for me and hasn't tried to overstep any boundaries knowing how vulnerable I am, and I respect that kind of man.

Knock knock

"Who is it?

"Mr. Ryann. I come bearing food."

I walked to the door, and purposely stood in silence watching him from the peephole. He stood there, looking around while waiting for me to answer.

"Yes sir, can I help you?"

"Aww Devina, come on it's lonely in this big hallway."

"Oh please, you're the only one allowed on this floor."

He looked up into the doors peephole and made a pouty face and pretended to whine. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door to let him in. I walked back to the couch I was previously sitting and and crossed both legs as he sat on the love seat next to me.

"So, what's on your agenda today? I brought you chick-fil-a"

"Well, considering the paparazzi are staked out in the front, I plan on going absolutely nowhere. And if I was slightly attracted to you, I'd probably kiss you on the mouth for bring me such delicacies."

"Ouch! However, I'll take that as a thank you. And just know, I'm here as long as you need me Devina."

"You remind me every time we talk." I say, opening the bag and begin stuffing my face with the chicken sandwich.

"Have you figured out what you're going to do yet? He seems to be sad and lost every time we talk."

"I do know what I'm going to do, I just need to get some things in order with my lawyers first. I don't want him having any parts of my companies."

"Understandable. How are the businesses going along by the way?"

"Good, I have a trip to Morocco next week and will be gone for a few days. We have a new model we just signed on and we want to get her noticed, she has a lot of potential."

Matteo took a bite of his chicken sandwich as I continued eating mine. I couldn't be more thankful that I had someone in my corner. I've kept my circle so small for so long, I didn't know who I could trust and not it's not like I had many friends in the first place. Matteo just happened to be there as it happened and he's been my shoulder to lean on since and I am truly grateful.

"Well that hit the spot, how was yours?"

"Amazing as usual." I say with a smile.

"Well, I should get going. I have some houses to look at since everything is going according to plan with your husb-" I looked at him with my eyebrows raised and a slight scowl, "Easton's company. I wanna get out of my current rental and into my own home."