Newborn

I have been told that when a person dies, they'd immediately go to Hell. That is if their record has been mostly wrongdoings. And we all know that if the good-doings outweighed the aforementioned wrongdoings on Libra's scale, well, they'd be on a one way trip to heaven. Supposing that this record, keeping all the deeds of a certain individual intact, is a book of sorts, I'd say that it can only be shown to the said individual after death. Thus the whole concept of this dead topic coming up...

Well, it is partially the reason why I am bringing the subject up. The other, well, I died, that's it. It didn't come to me straight away, since I was all muddled and confused when I opened my eyes to this dark void. My recollection of my past life has yet to surface, or at all for that matter, and I'm standing in the middle of nowhere.

Quite literally too.

I have tried to proceed through the darkness by walking straight, but I ended up stopping before I could go anywhere. It's like an invisible force is forcing me to stay still, and it muddles my thoughts more. So I did what I could do best, next, and that was to sit down. It felt like eternity when I waited, and I've changed my position quite bit now; currently I was on my stomach swinging my legs in the air and resting my head on my arms. Soon I was lulled to sleep, only to jerk awake when I hear footsteps ringing around the formless walls.

Immediately I sat up, fixing up my hair, blouse and skirt. A habit, I linked to my past self. I wasn't kept for long when the owners of the footsteps appeared, and to be honest, I was quite surprised. Who wouldn't be? There, in front of me, were a group of good looking guys, making their way towards me. I took a sharp intake of breath and looked away, willing my heart rate to go down. So far, no luck, and the incoming footsteps weren't helping me out either. I smoothed out my skirt on reflex when the footsteps finally stopped. Braving a look, I was met with a kind smile and ocean blue eyes, I had to thank my self control from not fainting on the spot.

I took the next few minutes to notice that the others had positioned themselves in a circle around me. Oh boy, I guess God doesn't want me to die in peace. What a shame.

"You are Bard, am I not correct?" I turned back to the blonde in front of me, and narrowed my eyes. His kind smile didn't budge.

"And who am I speaking to?" I questioned, still suspicious. I honestly can't think of a person who wouldn't be, when someone talks to you knowing your true name. Unfortunately, my pseudonym had not made a reappearance. And I was stuck with my birth name, which had no feminine touch to it.

The blonde man chuckled. "Do not worry, Bard, I did not come here to harm you."

"That is a bit hard to swallow, seeing as you know my name, and I don't know yours." I pointed out. "And talk about suspicious, when you have your men surrounding me."

"Ah, it's easier this way, seeing at how well you were able to get away from these kinds of situations in the past." He let out a light laugh.

I gave him a look. "In the past?"

He nodded, his smile intact, with a hint of amusement. "It was quite a sight, so to say."

I gave him a blank stare, then held out a hand. "Wait, so you're saying that you've been watching me my whole past life, without me knowing.... God that sounded weird.."

"In a word, yes we have." He nodded.

I felt the shivers go up and down my spine. "God, that was even more weird..."

The red haired man spoke, and with the non existent translator around, I knew what he was saying. And I preferred not to hear another word. "We need to transport her in ten minutes before He finds out we cheated him one short."

"Has my life ever been easy..." The blonde man sighed.

"No, don't think so, aha~" I turned to be faced with a traditional Japanese man, chuckling into his sleeve.

"You're right, it won't ever be easy." The blonde groaned, his face in the palm of his hand. He registered his smile and faced me, back to the composed man before the small drama scene happened. "Well, we should get started in sending you off."

"Sending me off where exactly?" I questioned. And just who did they cheat off of?

"Why, to where my adorable great, great, great grandson of course. You can't miss him!" He nodded as he let out a laugh.

Could the dead ever be so enthusiastic? I think I have my answer in front of me...

"But aren't I supposed to go to the afterworld?" I pushed. "You know Libra's scale and all that?"

"Mm? You talking about this?" He brought out a heavy binded book and burned it, right in front of my eyes. I couldn't believe on what I was seeing! A flame with no factor to burn an object. I need to get my eyes checked afterwards... He smiled at my dumbfounded look. "Now you don't need to worry about it!"

"Oh dear, you've done it now, those books would surely set off an alarm of some sort." A green haired young adult sighed.

"Mm, you're right... Well now you really must go, Bard." The blonde nodded, serious for once. "We'll meet again, and until then, take care of yourself and my adorable grandson of mine~"

Before I could question, complete darkness overcame me, and a huge push broke me into frigid air. And it was frigid! A wailing sounded and was soon quieted when I felt something soft wrap around me. I felt like I was transported to someone, with the way they held me.

I had to curse my brain for being so slow, and only then did I become aware that I was supposedly a child, fresh out of a Mother's womb.

I blinked and glanced up and saw a rather tired and perspired face. The dainty features could only point to her being Japanese in heritage. She smiled down at me and I managed to do the same, surprising her. She was a perfect mother, and I gurgled at the thought. Even her laugh was perfect, and God forbid that she was a reincarnation of Barbie, that'd just be sad.

The thought of a second life hit me after that, the good looking guys faded in the background. What a way to start back up again.