Chapter Four

Wooyoung's p.o.v
I huff in annoyance and sit up straight as soon as i hear Big Bang's Sober blasting through my phone's speaker. I rub my eyes with my closed fists and stretch my numb limbs but surprisingly my arm hits a very hard yet soft and warm surface. I snap my head to the right and notice the sleeping figure of an absolute angel.
  A small smile tugs at my lips and i can't resist the urge to run my hand through the soft fluffy  mess of hair on his head.
'Mingi?' I whisper gently and in response he hums deeply. My fingers leave his hair instantly and find refuge on his flawlessly clear cheeks. I caress them slowly and whisper his name yet again. He opens one eye, closes it, and then opens both of his eyes.
'Good morning pretty boy' he greets groggily and i think my heart just nutted. I blush at the nickname and hide my face in my pillow
'Good morning mingi' he chuckles and ruffles my hair then stands up and tags at my arm.
'Come on. Pretty boys have to eat to maintain their strength and beauty' he notes and proceeds to guide me to the kitchen. Why is it that every time we are together he always takes the lead and drags me places? It's not like i really mind; he seems like he genuinely cares about me. Besides, that's what all friends do right?
'The only breakfasts i can cook are bacon and eggs or pancakes' he states as he wraps the apron around his ripped naked torso and i swallow hardly. He eyes me knowingly and smirks to himself 'So what shall it be pretty boy?' He asks cockily
'Whichever is fine' i say timidly and avert my gaze from his body to avoid any further embarrassment.
I rest my head on the table and sigh deeply. My thoughts wander to San and i worry if he is still mad at me. I really don't enjoy feeling extremely guilty and downright distressed about not being sufficiently adequate for his needs. It's not that i dislike him now or that my feelings have completely changed. Nevertheless i sometimes sens that our bond is getting weaker and weaker by the second. As if someone is constantly smashing the bridge we spent years building.
I don't have more time to dwell on the saddening fact that i might be growing apart from the love of my life for a plate of deliciously smelling pancakes is placed in front of me. I look up at mingi and thank him before we both start digging in. I didn't realize how hungry i was until i took a bite of my pancake and moaned at the sweetness of the dish.
Mingi eyes me funnily 'That good?' I nod furiously as i continue to stuff my face with the tasty desert.
'Do you have work?' Mingi asks as he sips on his coffee, his eyes fixated on my arms constantly switching between the fork and my glass of coffee. I snap my head towards him and drop the eating utensils down as i hurriedly fish out my phone from my pocket. I munch my food and swallow it down in a second after seeing that it was close to 9 A.M already.
'I don't feel like going' i whine and drop my head dramatically on the table. Mingi chuckles and lifts my head with his thumb and index finger placed under my chin.
'Then don't go. Just say you're awfully sick or that you caught the flew' i bite my lip and pounder the idea in my head. I mean it wouldn't hurt if i took the day off now would it? But then again i am not a huge fan of lying and i know i will mess it up if i even attempt at making some excuse up on the spot. Mingi seems to notice my uncertainty about it and offers to call the office on my behalf.
'Hello? I'm Song Mingi, Jung Wooyoung's friend and I called to inform you that my friend is terribly sick that he couldn't call to apologize for having to take the day off' i don't know what i was expecting but it definitely wasn't Mingi sounding like an authoritative CEO. It kind of maybe made him look even hotter.
I blush at my own thought and burry my face in my palms. 'All done. Now pretty boy can relax and enjoy his day off' he says, a small smile displayed on his flawless face.
'Thank you m, really. I don't think i could've handled a stressful day at work. Or Yeosang's infinite interrogations'
'Speaking of interrogations, mind telling me what the hell happened yesterday? And who the fuck was that asshole?' My eyes widen on their own record
'He isn't an asshole' i mumble and mingi rolls his eyes
'Yes yes he is a major jerk and i swear if i were to ever meet him i'm ripping his tongue out of his throat' his tone turns agressive and his eyes are now darker than they were a few minutes ago. I stay quite, astonished and flattered to say the least
He stands up from his seat and walks to mine. He turns me around and crouches besides me. This is giving me some déjà-vus.
'Listen here pretty boy. From what i understood, that asshole must be your boyfriend or something. And i know you probably think he is the sweetest and nicest guy alive but believe me when i say he is a douche who doesn't deserve a look from you let alone your time and dedication and especially NOT your love' this time, he takes my hands in his, his thumbs rubbing small circles on the back of my hands.
'Let me show you what an angel like you deserves'.He looks deeply into my eyes, in search of some emotions and i'm sure he stumbled upon a dozen of them at least. I don't know if i should give in, laugh then cry or push him away . He is a wonderful guy who obviously likes me but then I can't help but think of San.
San, the love of my life, the person who saved me from my past miseries, the knight who guarded my terrorized nights and haunted dreams. I can't just let go of him. Even if he yells at me sometimes, it's out of frustration. And even if he calls me degrading names, it's out of worry and love. And even if he ignores me sometimes, it's unintentionally out of tiredness and business. San loves me and i love San, that's non-negotiable
'Listen, i know it must have sounded like we have a toxic relationship but that was only a fraction of what we actually share. San and I's relationship is doing great. I'm sorry but i love him'i look at Mingi apologetically and squeeze his comforting hands. He purses his lips and sighs in disappointment.
'Let's just watch a movie for now' he tugs my arm again and guides me to the couch. As the movie rolls, Mingi brings me closer to his chest and cuddles me lovingly and i can't help but feel remorseful for possibly hurting his feelings
'Don't think too much pretty boy. Just relax and watch the movie' he asks before pecking the crown of my head and laying mine on his shoulder. I smile slightly at the affectionate act and get even more comfortable against his body.
Mingi is really an amazing friend, i hope this doesn't affect our friendship and that it can continue to grow and flourish so we can share as many good memories as possible.