The Quidditch match

Jack's p.o.v.

The next morning, I wake up early and go down to breakfast. As I eat bacon, eggs, and kippers, I look around the Great Hall and study the foreign students. The girls from Beauxbatons have similar features: delicate noses, wide eyes, and mouths that only open when they eat. The Durmstrang boys are almost the opposite: loud, with crew cuts and broad shoulders.

Suddenly, there's a fluttering of wings,and the owls fly in and drop mail in our laps. I see Punzie open a package full of sweets like Bertie Bott's every flavour beans, Drooble' s best blowing gum, and Sugar quills. This isn't too odd, ever since Punzie was rescued by her real parents, they would send her sweets and treats. After mail is opened, the headmaster steps up.

"Well!" he said. "Now it's time for the final Quidditch match of the season. To our guests, if you wish to attend, the field is down the transfiguration hall and out the left door."

* * * * * * * ** ** * * ** * * * * * *

We step out onto the field, and I breathe in the fresh air. Our coach, Fiona, blows the whistle to start the match.

I scan the field and already spy a certain ginger zooming across the field. I dive down and catch up with her, when I hear Mavis, the announce, " Yes! Go Gryffindor, c'mon!". I desperately try to kick an extra boost of speed. There are more roars from the crowd as the game goes on. Merida and I are literally shoulder to shoulder, reaching out to the snitch.

Remember what I said before about Merida being more dedicated to Quidditch than anyone? This proves it. She leaned further and further into the snitch, until she grabbed it. Unfortunately, in the process she tumbles off her broom, to the field 12 feet below.