The Third Task

Jack's P.O.V

It was finally Hogsmede weekend. With all the task practices and training, I never got a chance to go. I agreed to go with Merida, Punzie and Hiccup. Rose and Peter went on a "date" at HoneyDukes, where they see how many Chocolate Frogs they can fit in their mouths (Rose could fit 21, Peter could fit 19).

We met at The Three Broomsticks. When I got there, the other three were already sitting at a table. The woman behind the bar (Madame Snow white) came up to us, smiling.

"Hi, kids! What can I get you?"

Hiccup ordered 4 butterbeers and a meal for each of us, since it was about lunch time. I got an American thing called a bacon cheeseburger, Merida got an entire steak (!), Punzie got a salad, and Hiccup ordered a fish platter.

While we waited for our food, we discussed what we'd do about the third task.

"Well, if you remember the stuff we already taught you, there's no problem, right?" Merida said.

"But, what if he doesn't remember?" Punzie gave me a pointed look. I shrugged. I opened my mouth to say something, but just then, our food arrived.

"What about your glass? You still have that." Merida said over a mouthful of steak. I shrugged.

"I don't know what to do with it." I said, pulling out the small shard. There was different shades of blue swirling around, but nothing helpful. I sighed and finished my lunch.♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

After lunch, we found ourselves sitting on a hill overlooking the Shrieking Shack. Punzie was finishing off another butterbeer, Hiccup and I were having a snowball fight, and Merida was looking at my glass. Hiccup was really bad at snowball fights, so it wasn't long when he was defeated. I sent another snowball at him, when Merida yelled, "I got it!".

We ran over to see what she meant. She was lying on the ground, holding the glass up to the sun. I played down next to her and looked over at the glass. Glimmering through the glass, words could be vaguely seen.

"What does that say?" I said, squinting.

"It says...actually, there's just a drawing of a maze." She frowned.

I took the glass from her and saw that she was right. We continued to study it until it was time to go.

....................................

The maze was huge. All three of us stood in front of three entrances to the maze. The hedges were thick and probably enchanted. Behind us was a crowd of all our friends, cheering, holding up banners, and even playing music.

It was kind of terrifying.

We were to go into the maze in the order of our points; so it would be Luna, me, then Rose. North told us if we got in trouble, to send up sparks. We all nodded and Luna was sent in. I waited and listened to the Durmstrang whoops.

Then, when North called me name, I heard the yells from the Hogwarts people. I flashed a smile back (causing a few squeals from the girls) and stepped in.

As soon as I did, it felt like I was entering the Age Bubble again. The crowd's voices muffled, their clapping slowed, and a wave of coldness washed over me. All I wanted to do was curl in a ball and sit there, but I began searching the maze for the middle, where the Triwizard Cup would surely wait.

△△△△△△△△

What felt like an hour later, it started getting weird. The already cool air turned even colder. Then the laughter came. It wasn't the kind of laughter you get when someone tells a joke or falls down the stairs. It was maniacal, bordering on insane, like someone who had just murdered their worst enemy. I suddenly realized in fear that this was the same voice that I heard Hans talking with. I began to run, in random directions, not caring about the Cup anymore. I had to get away.

I sprinted around a corner when I slammed into Rose. At first she held up her wand to jinx me or worse, then when she realized who it was, she looked at me in fear.

"Jack, we have to get out, back out at the crowd-"

A loud scream interrupted her mid-sentence.

I decided to split this into 2 chapters, so more suspense!!
Mwhaha
(⌒‐⌒)
Your pal, Lemony