Christmas Cheer

Merida's P.O.V

“Oi! Guy, get on the train or I'm leaving you behind!" I shouted.

After the ball, I hastily invited my friends to my house for the next week of Christmas break. They all agreed and packed their bags.

We all found and empty compartment (which wasn't that hard) and sat down.

“So, where do you live again?" Hiccup asked, linking arms with Punzie, who blushed.

“Scotland, I told you a million times!" I sighed.

“You live in a castle, right? So can we get our own rooms?" Jack asked. I rolled my eyes in response. We became silent soon after, running out of stuff to say. Hiccup read a book and Punzie did too. Jack seemed to be drawing something. I sat there, bored, until I fell asleep on Jack's shoulder.

**********

“Mer, wake up."

I sleepily rubbed my eyes and was met by a blinding light.

“Are we there?" I mumbled. One look out the window showed me platform 9 3/4. My mother, father, and three brothers waiting for me. Well, my parents were waiting. My brothers were playing tag around their legs. We grabbed our trunks and hurried off the train.

“Mum, Dad!" I ran over and hugged them both.

“These are my friends. Punzie, Hiccup and Jari-uhh Jack." I said, recovering.

“Didn't you say you had another friend?" My mum said, frowning.

“Aye, but she's spending Christmas with a guy." I was referring to Rose, who was now at Hogwarts with a Hufflepuff named Peter Pan for Christmas.

“Alright. Load your trunks in the car and we will get going!" She said. We looked at each other.

“Ma'am? Won't it take a long time to go from London to Scotland in a car?" Hiccup asked tentatively.

“Silly boy. It's a flying car." Mum chuckled. We placed our trunks in the car and all squeezed in the back with my brothers.

We drove for a bit until we were in the countryside, then we took off.

At first, it was amazing. Floating over the purple clouds and feeling the cool windows. Then, my mum put on a song.

“Mum?! What the DunBroch is that?" I said.

“Your mother said it's very popular song in America." Dad said, but by the was he was hunched over the wheel, I could tell he didn't like it either.

“Well, turn it off, I can't hear her talk about that bass anymore!" I groaned. Mum shut it off, laughing a little.

~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*~°*

“I see it!" Hubert said. All my brothers crowded against the window to see our castle.

“Where? Behind the huge Gaelic palace..?" Hiccup asked.

“No, dear, that is our house." Mum said, gathering her purse.

“What?!" Punzie and Hiccup cried in unison.

“Duh." Harris said to them as we descend to the ground.

As soon as we landed, the boys ran out and grabbed their fishing poles. I never thought they'd have the patience for fishing, but after Dad introduced them to it, they were obsessed. Dad unloaded our trunks and Mum told me to show my friends to their rooms. As we trumped up the stairs, Hiccup kept commenting on the tapestries that I've seen since I was born.