Into the Goblet

Jack's p.o.v.

When I heard this I turned quickly, only to see none other than Merida, her curly hair in more of a mess than usual. She had her arms crossed over her chest,almost triumphantly.

"MERIDA!!" I shouted, a little louder than I meant to. This caused Punzie and Hiccup to come sprinting over. We all tackled her into one huge bear hug. After she struggles out, we recap on what happened, since she apparently doesn't remember anything about the Quidditch match. She listens all the way through and Hiccup ends it with a quick, "Any questions?"

"Just one. Did Gryffindor win?" Merida asked excitedly. I just roll my eyes.

"Yes, you did." interprets Punzie. "In fact, just within a few minutes!"

"Take that Frost-Face!" Merida shouted jumping out of bed onto the carpet. She almost toppled, but Punzie caught her.

"Whoa, you're not very sturdy yet." She said, dropping her back in the bed. She continues her half-hearted victory dance in bed when Madame Ariel comes over.

"Alright, alright! Enough! Miss DunBroch needs rest. Now off with the rest of you!"

Merida rolled her eyes. "I'm fine, just let me go."

Madame Ariel chewed her lip, thinking. When she finally opened her mouth, she said " Fine, just be very careful and at the first sign of anything at all, come straight back."

We all nodded, like we were actually listening, even Merida, who never listened to anyone but her Mum. After Merida changed into her robes, we all headed to the Great Hall.

°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°

After scarfing down a dinner of thick mashed potatoes, steak, corn, and a dessert of chocolate mousse, everyone began putting their names in the Goblet of Fire. Beauxbatons girls got on their tiptoes and placed white parchment with their names in cursive on them into the Goblet. Durmstrang kids had basket ball contests to get their names in.

Punzie, Hiccup, Merida and I met up to talk and put our names in. When I got there, Hiccup already had parchment out and was tearing it into 4 pieces. We wrote our names, one at a time, as if we wanted it to go as slow as possible, which I guess we did. Punzie went first. She wrote Rapunzel Corona in careful cursive. Hiccup went next. He scribbled Hiccup Horrendous Haddock lll on his parchment. Merida wrote Merida DunBroch rather quickly, then looked at me expectantly. I wrote Jackson Overland Frost in my messy scrawl. We looked around at each other hesitantly.

"Well, let's go!" Hiccup said at a failed attempt at lightness. When we got up there, there was a Durmstrang boy in front of us. He had brown hair that fell in front of his eyes and was taller and thinner than all the other kids at Durmstrang. He dropped the parchment into the Goblet, his hand shaking. When he was done he walked back to his group of friends, who were cheering. I turned around. There was nothing separating me from the Goblet.

I stepped forward through the age line, and everything slowed down. I mean, I could see everyone, but they moved only barely. I could hear their conversations, but they were muffled, as if they all were speaking into pillows. It was also cold, like ice. I took a deep breath and placed my name in. The Goblet's fire turned red and let out some sparks and bursts of flame, but eventually it turned back to blue. When I walked back out, I was hit with a burst of warmth, the sound came back, and everyone started moving more.

"Jack? Are you okay?" Merida asked. I just kinda looked at her.

Her bouncy curls, aqua eyes and playful smirk that masked a small smile distracted me from my thoughts. I just look at her until the smirk turns into a concerned frown. Then, I realize I still haven't answered.

"Um, yeah" I stammer, "I'm fine." She gives me a skeptical look, then goes through the Age Line.

"Uggh." I said, going down the dungeons. I walk into my room and flop on my bed.
What's wrong with me? I think. The truth is the only way I can talk to Merida is making a joke or something. She makes me nervous. That's only because I like her.

Hey people!!
Okay, first off, thanks for reading :)
Secondly, we still need someone from Beauxbatons, so if anyone wants to join, please do Beauxbatons!
Finally, check it out! Finally some Jarida!!
More Hiccunzel soon!
Lemony out!