2:7: Engagement

I walk into Elijah's room as Klaus is hovering over an asleep Elijah that is suffering, leaning over him after freeing him from last night and I touch Klaus shoulder gently and he turns around quickly, grabbing my wrist and dashing off with me to the wall, but stops before my head can hit it and we both sigh in relief. "Sorry, luv." He says and I shake my head. "It's ok. I'm okay. Ware you doing?" I ask, confused and he pants. "I'm trying to enter Elijah's thoughts to wake him." He says and turns around to face Elijah. "Esther has locked me out." He says and I slowly walk over to Elijah, noticing something on his neck and pull his collar down, seeing it's flower shaped. "Is this rash a side effect of the witchy acid trip he's on?" I ask and step backwards so Klaus can walk over to Elijah to examine his rash. "I haven't seen this since I was a child. Mikael would return home from battle more blindly temperamental than usual, and our mother would use the petals of a rare merlock orchid to put him to sleep. She would mend his mind with a spell, and then wake him with the roots of the same plant." He says and turns around to look at me, looking hopeful. "If she has access to it now, then maybe it also grows in the Bayou. You get Hayley to stay here with her wolves and mind the fort." He says and starts walking off and I turn around. "She'd rather rip Esther's head off." I say as he looks back to me and points at me. "Tell your sister and I'm telling you to stay away from her." He says and I sigh. "I mean it, Adam. She already got to her once." He says and sighs, walking over to me. "What would happen if Elijah were to wake and find you two a victim of her madness?" He says. "I won't go after her. I promise." I say and he turns around, walking off and I turn back around to face Elijah, walking over to him. "I've learned a few things from your mother. I won't go after her. Hayley will go after everything that she loves." I say, touching his face gently as he's shaking in his sleep.

I'm at a motel with Davina and Kol as Kol went to go take a shower. They left early while I went to go help Hayley free Oliver and we're trying to fix the cracked mirror with magic. "Venez très connu cendre. Venez très connu cendre." We whisper softly with our eyes closed and can hear the gently sound of the mirror repairing itself. "Still at it?" He whispers seductively in my ear and I open my eyes, losing my concentration and the mirror cracks again and we look at him, sighing. "I'm trying to repair the damage that you did to my delinking spell." Davina says. "Oh." Kol says and looks down at the White Oak Stake in front of us on the dresser and she picks it up, walking past him. "The only reason I'm still shacked up in this dump motel with you is for your freaky witch-encyclopedia brain and my best friend is here." She says, walking over to her bed. "Ok. Well, here's a magical secret from the ancient legends of the Romani psychics. Sleep, Davina. You've been awake for days." Kol says, wrapping an arm around my waist and tries to kiss my cheek gently and I sigh, letting him. "Kind of hard to rest with a thousand-year-old psycho in the next bed, who faked his death and left my best friend depressed." She says. "When you say that, it sounds like I'm a bit of an arsehole." Kol says as I walk over to Davina to help her fold some clothes. "Can you just stop?" I ask. "Stop what, darling?" He asks. "Calling me 'darling', and trying to be funny, and.." I say, pointing at his completely unopened shirt. "That." I say, pointing at his torso. "I'm still mad at you, so you don't get any of this." I say, pointing at myself as Davina laughs. "Oh, well, most boys who like boys like this, but then you're not like most boys, are you?" He asks. "I liked the Original body better." I say, smiling softly at him. "I know." Kol says, walking over to us and sighs. "Alright. I have been trying to charm you. And your resistance is as impressive as it is baffling. But, there are things that we can do. Big things. All of us. I can't share any more my secrets with you unless we trust each other." He says, holding my hand gently. "And, if you want to take down Klaus without your friends dying, well, then, you'd be a fool not to listen." He says and turns around, groaning after letting my hand go, falling to his knees and we rush over to him and crouch down next to him. "What's happening?" Davina asks as we're both concerned and see ancient runes burned into his skin. "That's mother dearest calling me home." Kol asks as I hold his arm gently, being careful not to touch the burn marks.