Chapter 8

Jimin woke up to his alarm clock known as Ddosun's yapping. He groaned, glancing at his clock that read 6:00 am. Jimin flopped back onto the bed, not wanting to move from the warm embrace of his covers.

He sighed and threw his legs over the side of the bed and slowly started getting ready for the day.

The boy threw down his breakfast and pulled on a sweatshirt and sweatpants, Stuffing his things needed for work into a duffle bag. Jimin grabbed a dog leash from a small closet in the hallway and attached it to his dogs collar. Then the owner and pet made their way out of the building.

Once outside Jimin looked up at the sky, squinting. The sun was out and there was hardly a cloud in the sky. He frowned, already missing the storms from the night before.

Jimin walked past the countless restaurants and shops of Seoul to get to a small dance studio in the heart of the city. Once inside, he waved towards the receptionist and made his way down the hall to the last room in the building. Walking in he threw his bag to the ground and dropped Ddosuns leash. The Jindo immediately rocketed towards the only other person in the room.

Lee Taeyong laughed as he dropped to the floor to meet the tiny puppy. Ddosun pranced all around him only to run back to Jimin. He chuckled as he picked up his dog and walked to his still grinning friend.

"How are you Jimin? I didn't know you were bringing lil Sun today! I would've brought treats." He pouted, which in return got an eye roll.

"I'm alright. I left him at home all day yesterday, so I had to bring him out today." Jimin chuckled, placing the dog on the ground.

Taeyong is one of Jimin's best friends from high school, along with Taehyung and Namjoon. Once they were put in the same dance class, they hit it off immediately.

He was about Jimin's height and had a slim figure where 2/3rds of his body was all leg. His chocolate brown hair fizzed out all around his head and his dark brown eyes sparkled.

Currently, Jimin's friend was a trainee under the company CM. He was training to be a rapper and dancer. The two got together when they could to practice... which wasn't very often.

Simultaneously the pair began to stretch, warming up their muscles so that they wouldn't pull anything. They talked about their past weeks and what they've done since the last time they saw each other to pass time.

After a bit Jimin moved towards his bag and ruffled through it, pulling out a small speaker. Connecting his phone, he selected a song and bounded over to his friend.

Taeyong nodded and Jimin pressed play. As the music began, the pair fell into a well oiled routine of choreography that they have been passionately working on for the past few weeks, stopping every once in a while to tweak something.

Jimin seemed to become a different person when he danced. He felt this confidence surge through him and he let his body take over. He has been told a countless number of times that he might get scouted for his skill and maybe even an offer from an idol company.

But There was no way he would be able to survive that life... the life of an idol. He could handle the restrictions and time limits, but that's not what chased him away. It was the backlash. The constant chastising and criticism are what chased the boy away. He already felt bad enough about himself, and being told the exact things his thoughts repeated to him in his mind every day wouldn't help much.

The dance eventually came to a graceful end and the two friends collapsed in exhaustion. But they grinned, full of pride. They had finally finished the whole dance.

Taeyongs phone rang from the other side of the room and he got up to answer it, staggering over to his bag. Jimin also stood slowly, knowing that a phone call probably meant that his friend had to go.