Chapter 18

Let's take a moment to appreciate those 666 reads~ ;) - plz read authors note at the end!- this chapter is kinda a filler but necessary
——————————————————————

Jimin froze, fear shooting through his body as he thought back to the last time he saw the rapper. Same... color. As... Yoongi Hyung's... oh.

"Shit!" Jimin shot upright, breathing hard and heavy as he tugged at his metallic locks. He wrapped his arms around himself, bitting at the inside of his cheek. He felt his insides churn and fearful butterflies take flight in the pit of his stomach.

"Jimin?" Taehyung questioned, his concerned voice sounding muffled and far away to Jimin's ears. Jimin felt sick as his mind whirled thoughts and fears through his head. What if Yoongi thought he was copying him? Worse, what if the fans thought he was copying him? What if this led them to believe that he and Yoongi were a thing? If they put two and two together, he was screwed, no matter if it was intended or not. They'd hate him more than they already did and they might hurt him again...

If he was attacked again, Jimin wasn't sure if he would survive it. Honestly, If the fans didn't kill him, an anxiety attack would. All this because of a stupid picture, confused gesture, and a careless rapper. Careless rapper.

Jimin's focus shifted to the silver-haired male. He realized that the happiness and joy he normally experienced when he thought of his Hyung was replaced by a heavy, hollow feeling.

Yoongi hadn't done anything. He wasn't the one that dug their claws into his scalp, slamming his head into the floor. But Yoongi didn't release a statement, which caused the girls to attack Jimin.

So was it Yoongi's fault?

Jimin shook his head, trying to clear his mind and banish the thoughts from his head. But his realizations saddened him. A person he used to pair with shy smiles and pink cheeks was now intertwined with anger and fear. Someone that had made his heart beat faster than it had in a long time now also filled his stomach with dread.

Was Jimin mad at Yoongi? He didn't know. He knew he shouldn't be but, at the same time, he felt that a sliver of him was. The people who attacked him were Yoongi's fans. They believed Jimin was trying to rip Yoongi away from them. That he was a threat to them and their "relationship" with the rapper.

The company should've released a statement, and Jimin shouldn't have involved himself in a famous artist's business. This whole situation was easily avoidable if his stupid feelings didn't get in the way of his mind. Jimin knew he shouldn't be sucked into the world of a famous idol, yet, when as soon as his eyes landed on Min Yoongi, he fell.

Jimin hated how much he had messed up what they could've had. Yoongi wasn't the only one at fault here. And yet, Jimin couldn't clear the bitterness nesting in his gut. Jimin yielded to the burning, allowing the fire to overtake his heart and spread its flames, to turn any remaining piece of hope and joy associated with Min Yoongi to ash.

Jimin turned to face his two friends who still remained planted on the couch in confused and nervous silence. It was so quiet in the room they could've heard a pin drop. The ticking of a clock in the kitchen seemed to pound throughout the small flat as the three sat in silence.

Jimin wanted to be mad at them. Mad that even after everything that had happened, they still decided to dye his hair the same color as Yoongi's. However, no matter how angry Jimin was, the fire and flames could never spread to his dongsaengs. They were too kind, too loving, too gentle for him to let the flames engulf them. Jimin smiled gently at them and gave a small bow in apology. "Sorry," he chuckled, running his fingers through the top of his silver locks, "I just had a thought. Thank you for coming and watching over me and dying my hair," Jimin continued, smile slowly growing with each word. "I really appreciate it!"

They nodded slowly, faces cautiously splitting into nervous grins. Taehyung released his adorable box smile, standing up to hug his Hyung. He threw his arms around Jimin, pulling him close and resting his forehead against the older's.

"Jiminie, we are always here for you. I know it sounds cheesy but you can't get over what you went through in one day," He whispered, smile growing when Jungkook moved behind him and wrapped his arms around the pair, joining the hug.

"Tae Hyung's right. We are here for you Jiminie- you're not alone," the youngest murmured into Taehyung's shoulder, eyes resting on Jimin's face. Jimin nodded silently, lips turning up to form a smile, masking his thoughts and focusing on the adorable pair in front of him.

"That's Hyung to you, Kookie," the boy murmured, smirking at the maknae, "But thank you both. I really needed this." Jimin went to tug at the silver strands that floated in front of his face, smile slowly dropping from his mouth.

"You two can go home now if you need to I'll be okay-"

Tae was already shaking his head.

"No Hyung. We aren't leaving you after last night. We can crash on the couch and go back to the dorms tomorrow. And before you think it, you aren't burdening us. We want to do this for you," The boy continued, knowing his best friend will somehow convince himself he would be a bother to the aspiring idols.

Jungkook nodded his head in silent support, arms still wrapped around Taehyung's waist. Jimin's lips twisted upwards, a small smile gracing his lips, as he quietly thanked the pair. They nodded and the group split, getting ready for bed and preparing for the rest of the night. Jimin set out a small blow-up mattress for Jungkook and Taehyung took the sofa. He knew that the two would somehow end up entangled in each other's arms, but he figured that it would be okay for now.

Jimin decided to retire to his room early, bidding his dongsaengs goodnight and heading to bed. He crawled into the soft covers, ignoring the dried bloodstains on the floor and switched off the light.

The boy laid there, staring up at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep no matter how much his body wanted it. Jimin was scared to close his eyes, knowing that once he did, the girls' shadows would invade his last safe space. Jimin sat up, giving up on sleep and walked towards his small balcony. He slid the door opened quietly, trying his best to keep from waking to boys in the next room, and stepped out into the night air.

The night was cold, crisp air swirling around Jimin, wrapping itself around the boy and then continuing along its way. He stared up towards the stars, slowly making out all the visible constellations he had memorized over the years. Jimin always seeked comfort in the night sky, wishing upon the stars whenever one flew by, blinking out of his sight.

Jimin closed his eyes and spread his arms, letting the wind ripples through his shirt and toss his hair. The wind would keep him safe. The wind would know. He smiled up towards the dark sky, allowing his eyes to droop and the Exhaustion consume him. With one last glance towards the blinking stars, Jimin turned back into his flat, shutting the door behind him and collapsing back into his bed.

Sleep came easily after that, welcoming the boy with open arms.
——————————-
Hi guys~ um so I'm so sorry I haven't published lately. I haven't been in a good spot. I re wrote this chapter so many times and I still hate it but it's essential for the plot. Sorry for keeping y'all waiting!
- JH