Chapter 20

Yeah... this one was rough for many reasons. Two consisting of it's an emotional train wreck and it was just... hard for me to write it lol.

it's also really long

----------------------------------------------------------

Jimin glanced at the clock before taking a deep breath. He placed his hands on the counter, carrying part of his weight, and leaned down, tapping his forehead against it. "You can do this Jimin," he murmured to himself, walking over to the closed sign and pulling the drawstring, clicking on the neon open sign. He unlocked the door, hearing the familiar click of the lock snap back and returned to his post behind the cash register, waiting anxiously for the first customer to arrive.

Some time passed before the little bell rang out, signaling that someone had finally arrived. Jimin was sketching in the back when he heard the sound and he quickly placed the pen down and rushed towards the front. Exiting the back room, Jimin donned his trademark smile and cocked his head to the left slightly, taking up his place behind the counter. "Welcome to Sugar & Mochi! What can I get for you today?" The person standing in front of him was one of what he called, a sparse regular. He would come in every once in a while, maybe twice every two weeks randomly, and order a cup before occupying a corner of the room.

Even if the male came by less than some other regulars, Jimin had memorized his order and name, just like all the others. "Hello Sungwoo-ssi, the regular?" The boy smiled lightly back at Jimin before nodding and sliding 10,000 won across the counter. Jimin moved to give him his change back when the boy held up his hand to stop him.

"Keep the change Hyung, I know you've had a long week." Jimin froze, staring at the bill in his hands before shooting his gaze back up at the high school student.

"Sungwoo, the coffee isn't even 5,000! I don't think I can accept this-"

"Jimin Hyung," the boy interrupted, smiling bashfully, " You make my coffee every time I come in here, which isn't a whole lot. You learned my name and memorized my order. The other baristas in the other coffeehouses can't say the same. All the rumors and threats that have been spat around about you don't matter. You're kind and caring. So what if you're dating Agust D? He's lucky to have you. A few extra won isn't going to hurt me and it sure as hell can buy you your own drink. Keep it."

Jimin froze before grinning, refraining himself from leaning over the display case to pull the boy into a hug. "Thank you Sungwooah!" Turning and pocketing the rest of the cash, Jimin began to make the boys order. He hummed to the radio as "Monster" by Exo played quietly throughout the room, swinging his hips to beat. He twirled as he made the cup, remembering every modification Sungwoo asked for when he visited, A mocha with two extra pumps of chocolate, sprinkled with cinnamon and decked with whipped cream. Jimin personally loved this drink, enjoying the sweetness of the cinnamon sugar mixed with the sweet chocolate and coffee. Popping the top onto the paper cup and sliding it into a sleeve, Jimin brought the cup over to the boy's table and placed it down lightly.

"Thank you, Hyung," he whispered, eyes trained on the computer screen that sat in front of him. Jimin just nodded and began to walk away before stopping again and turning back to the boy.

"Sungwoo." the boy turned to him, arching an eyebrow and sipping his coffee. "Thank you. I really needed to hear what you said today." Sungwoo grinned and nodded. He raised his cup towards Jimin before silently turning back to his laptop. Jimin chuckled and returned to his post.

Hours passed and Jimin began to relax. Sungwoo had left a bit go and It had been a slow day so people rarely came in. Those who did never asked him about the scandal and no one seemed to care. When the regulars dropped by he got several 'welcome back's' and 'missed you's' but that seemed to be the extent of the conversations. Jimin began to jump and dance around to the radio as he took people's orders and made their coffee and desserts, smiling at anyone who walked through the door.