Chapter 13

People were staring.

Everywhere he turned people were staring.

Jimin was just trying to run the store since his manager decided to hightail it out of the country for a week and put him in charge last minute.

But he was being stared at by basically everyone that laid their eyes on him. Do I have something on my face?! He checked it in the reflection of the cash register, trying to see what could have possibly been wrong. Eventually, he just gave up and ignored it, deciding to remain clueless.

The door slammed open, the bell rattling loudly. Taehyung basically barreled towards the counter, panting and out of breath, and eyes wide. Jimin stood frozen, extremely confused and concerned, "A-are you okay?" He managed to choke out.

"No! No, I'm not okay! What the fuck, Jimin?! Why don't you tell me things!!" The boy loudly whined as he bent over, hands on his knees, wheezing.

Jimin's sighed, his confusion growing even more than it already was, which he didn't know was possible. "Taehyung, I'm already having a rough day. People keep staring at me and I don't know why!" He huffed, "so if you don't mind, please tell me what's going on?" His frustration was laced into the boys voice as he spoke. Taehyung sighed and leaned across the counter, whipping out his phone.

"Let me show you," his eyes sparkled in excitement. After about a minute of silence and Jimin's pure torturous waiting, Taehyung turned the phone to his best friend.

Jimin died.

He started to choke on his own saliva, eyes widening as if he's seen an army of ghosts. His neck grew red and it quickly rose to his ears. He grabbed the phone, staring at the screen in utter disbelief. Displayed across it was a picture, uploaded to Twitter, which depicted Yoongi basically holding Jimin in his arms. the two looked completely engrossed in each other and only each other. Jimin began to pant, breath growing more rapid as he scrolled through the comments, reddening more and more as he read the words the fans wrote.

Shit like "Who the fuck is that" and "oh my god is that Yoongis Boyfriend?" Along with the ever-present "Holy shit, the barista looks like shit" And the constant "who wants to Bet that the worker is just trying to get into oppa's pants..." Jimin gagged as he continued to read the terrible words displayed across his friend's phone screen. Every once and a while, separated by all the hate, there would be a small, "Aw, they're cute!" And an "As long as he's happy!"

"Shi- shit... wha- what the h-hell!" Jimin choked out, proceeding to realized that the anonymous tweet was trending #2 with millions of views. He tried not to tear up, "Tae, what am I going to do?" he whispered, "I'm so screwed! I barely know him! I can't go anywhere without people staring at me! Everyone hates me! Have you read these?!"

Taehyung rose his eyebrows and sighed, grasping his best friend's hand, trying to comfort him. "It's okay, Chim, it'll blow over! Give it time. Don't let them get to you, yeah?"

Jimin nodded, but both of them knew he would let it get to him. It was one of his many talents. "What do I do?" He whispered helplessly.

"Be brave."

———————————
Um yeah- totally not my best but stuffs finally happening so Yeet. Thx for being here guys! Don't forget to share this to your other friends, or vote or comment on what I need to improve on (only if you want to tho)! Luv you all!!

-JH